View Full Version : Motorola Multimedia Processor Enables Next Wave in Communications Devices

Jason Dunn
02-20-2004, 10:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/337/C2042/' target='_blank'>http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/337/C2042/</a><br /><br /></div>"Consumers want more from their mobile phones and personal digital assistants (PDAs) than connectivity and address books. They want superior mobile multimedia experiences combined with long battery life. Additionally, crystal clear video quality, smart liquid crystal displays (LCDs) and the peace-of-mind that information is being stored and securely delivered to its intended destination will be "must-have" features in future handheld devices. Motorola Inc.'s Semiconductor Products Sector is creating this future and in its tradition of wireless leadership, is bringing these benefits to market today with its advanced i.MX21 applications processor."<br /><br />Motorola sure is making a lot of waves in the PDA and Smartphone space lately, aren't they? This is a press release from back in September of 2003, but I think it explains some of what we're seeing today from Motorola, and it could hold the key to the CPU inside the MPx300...

Jonathon Watkins
02-20-2004, 10:09 PM
The slow, steady drip of juicy new tech news - don't you just love it??? 8)

I wonder what new capabilities this will bring to the table.....

Janak Parekh
02-20-2004, 10:17 PM
It's interesting to note how strongly Motorola appears on "the rebound" as of late. It was hardly 6 months ago when most people thought Motorola hit its highest levels of stagnation yet. Anyway, it's a good thing for consumers. :)

--janak

Jonathon Watkins
02-20-2004, 10:37 PM
Agreed - at one point I thought Moto were heading for oblivion.

Thier phone UIs used to be *really* bad. Good to see they are really innovating at the moment.

arnage2
02-21-2004, 03:20 AM
is this gonna be like sony's handheld engine. Too little too late