View Full Version : e740 WIFI will not turn off....and is killing my battery.....

iclark
02-20-2004, 12:14 PM
I have just started to use WIFI after 9 months on my e740 (built in).

I immeadiately noticed power problems. I would find that about 1-2 hours after taking the cradle the battery was near dead.

All of the settings were correct to conserve power. I even made sure I turned off all notifications, alarms etc and made sure WIFI power conseration was active. No joy.

I did the tech support thing - Made sure I had the latest version of everything, I did hard resets, soft resets, big resets, long resets etc. Still no luck.

In the end I turned off the WIFI at the switch on the bottom and whoa ??? it works.

I know there are a lot of power problems with the e740 but not sure if anyone else has this problem.

backpackerx
02-28-2004, 11:52 PM
Yes, you should be turning off the blue switch when not using WiFi. The other options aren't reliable. It's really not that big of a deal. Just think of your WiFi as a radio (it is) and when you want it on or off you have to use the power switch.

WiFi will definitely cut down battery life dramatically. It does for every PDA with WiFi because you are powering the radio. I get 1 to 2 hours with the main battery.