View Full Version : Which 2215 Aluminum Grips Are You Getting

Ed Hansberry
02-18-2004, 05:08 AM
See http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/index.php?action=expand,24614 for details.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/images/web/2003/i22-scov02redl.jpg

Just wondering which ones you were getting.

David Prahl
02-18-2004, 05:21 AM
Well if someone wants to give me a 2215 I'd vote... :lol:

If I could buy some I'd get the blue set for sure.

Jonathon Watkins
02-18-2004, 05:25 AM
Blue again - it sets off my eyes just wonderfully. 8)

freakygreek
02-18-2004, 05:27 AM
If I had to buy then it would the blue ones for sure they do look sharp.

senfeng
02-18-2004, 07:08 AM
Wasn't there a Silver option? I remember seeing this article a while ago. What happened to silver?

DimensionZero
02-18-2004, 07:22 AM
Yeah... doesn't look like they have that as an option.. Silver would be pretty nice, but if I were to get one, I think i'd have to stick with black. To me it just looks better...

mrkablooey
02-18-2004, 01:08 PM
I'm having a hard time deciding.... The blue is pretty slick to go with the blue HP logo on the device itself.

The red is a nice CONTRAST color for the device, while black is so "upscale".

Hmmm... :?

Steven Cedrone
02-18-2004, 01:56 PM
I went with black. I like the way the device looks now (after having it a long time), not sure how I'd feel after looking at it with different colored sides for any length of time. Better safe than sorry! :wink:

Steve

Ed Hansberry
02-18-2004, 02:17 PM
I've decided on blue. You only live once, right? WOOOHHOOOOOOO!!!! Geek out of control and liv'n on the wild side!!!!!!

:alfdance:

Oh man do I need a life...

Jonathon Watkins
02-18-2004, 03:31 PM
Let us know if you get one. Do they come free with the grips?

Godsongz
02-18-2004, 03:57 PM
I agree with you Stephen, the 2215 is beautiful in black, but I think I'm going to enjoy it in blue just as much :)

Robb Bates
02-18-2004, 07:18 PM
You forgot to add the option "I'm not! I don't have $39.99 to spend on frivolous gadget accessories!"

Oh, wait, maybe it's because I've already spent all my money on other frivolous gadget accessories. :oops:

Robb

Ed Hansberry
02-18-2004, 07:28 PM
You forgot to add the option "I'm not! I don't have $39.99 to spend on frivolous gadget accessories!"
No I didn't. The choices match the question. There was nothing on thoughts on pricing, nor did I make any attempt to include non-2215 owners.

Robb Bates
02-18-2004, 07:36 PM
I suppose you're right. I'd love to get some myself, but dang! $40!?!

I guess I'll stick with ordering replacement grips from HP until my warranty runs out. I hate having to be so concerned with treating the factory grips with care so they don't fall apart.

I'd also be interested in hearing about the durability of the PPCTechs grips. Are they going to get scratched up or is the anodizing going to chip/rub/peel/fade off? I wonder if PPCTechs did any kind of abuse tests on them before they started selling them. It sure would defeat the purpose if the new grips started looking all ragged after a few months of use.

I'd like to request that someone who gets these grips post a review after having them for a month or two.

Robb

JustinGTP
02-18-2004, 08:54 PM
I really have to ask this question:

What do you think of the red sidegrips? Or do you think it may contrast all of my black leather cases? Maybe it would make the device look to wide because you notice the red?

I'm leaning towards black, I really hate when the grips fall off :evil:

And I'm not a fan of the blue sidegrips, it would be red or black. Maybe PPCTechs should have "buy one set and get the second at half off" - then I could buy both :twisted:

JonnoB
02-18-2004, 09:29 PM
Maybe PPCTechs should have "buy one set and get the second at half off" - then I could buy both :twisted:

If instead of screws, they used a quick release system so you could quickly switch your sides to another color, that might work. I like the colors, but am debating still whether to get one of these, or wait and see if they will do a version with a flipscreen.

mrkablooey
02-19-2004, 02:04 AM
I really have to ask this question:

What do you think of the red sidegrips? Or do you think it may contrast all of my black leather cases? Maybe it would make the device look to wide because you notice the red?

I'm leaning towards black, I really hate when the grips fall off :evil:

And I'm not a fan of the blue sidegrips, it would be red or black. Maybe PPCTechs should have "buy one set and get the second at half off" - then I could buy both :twisted:

I think the red ones are hot, no pun intended. :D

The blue I think are cool because it matches the HP logo on the device itself. It'd be tough to decide, at least there's some time.

What's with the change of heart? Thought you weren't going to get them, or did you realize you were going to be missing out? ;)

ppcsurfr
02-19-2004, 04:55 AM
Black looks nice... but it's in anodized aluminum... will anyone come up with one in nylon or black plastic?

Aluminum doesn't absorb shock as well as plastic or nylon...

I'd really love to move up to a more durable set of side grips but I'm waiting for the plastic ones...

Mabuhay!!!

Carlo

DimensionZero
02-19-2004, 09:52 AM
Yeah.. no plans for me to get them.. I was thinking the same thing.. It just wouldn't feel the same holding the metal as opposed to the semi soft rubber...

ale2999
02-19-2004, 11:11 AM
as more time passes the spending money part of me wants to get a red pair! sad