View Full Version : 4155, need wardriving program

phritosan
02-18-2004, 01:01 AM
im looking for something for wardriving.

i tried ministumbler and that doest see my internal wireless card. i search ppct forums here and saw that it works with a very limited selection of cards.

i tried pocketwarrior, and that said no compatable device detected. maybe i install the wrong version? arm, etc?

thanks

Pawel Blyskal
02-18-2004, 08:14 AM
PocketWinC works really well for me and it supports almost all wifi cards. Heres a link. You can download a trial version free. It works really good. Forget pocketwarrior and ministumbler they have support for like 1 or 2 wifi cards. Why do they even bother I sometimes wonder....

http://www.cirond.com/site/products/wifispotter.htm

phritosan
02-19-2004, 08:06 AM
that one doesnt work either. cant find device and closes program

now what?

prototype
02-19-2004, 07:01 PM
this may sound stupid but did you turn on the wireless radio first?

If I open WinNC on my 4155 without turning on the radio it says exactly that.

-Drew

phritosan
02-20-2004, 08:08 AM
when i first fired it up, i didnt. but then that occured to me, and i did. even waited till i had a connection to my home wireless ap. ill give it another round i guess.

<<edit>>
well, hell. now it works. thanks =)

epx
03-04-2004, 07:05 PM
May I ask how you got it to work ? I have just installed pocketWinc and the Wifi is enabled but everytime on launching the program it keeps coming up with "Unable to locate adapter This application will be closed"

Thanks

cftarnas
03-04-2004, 08:44 PM
May I ask how you got it to work ? I have just installed pocketWinc and the Wifi is enabled but everytime on launching the program it keeps coming up with "Unable to locate adapter This application will be closed"

Thanks

On my 4355 I activate WiFi, wait for the green light, then start PocketWince. Once I had it say it could not find hardware so I cycled WiFi and then it worked. Now I just need a stumbler that can use a BT GPS for mapping the locations.

epx
03-04-2004, 11:51 PM
Hiya,

Did it say hardware or adapter or does that mean the same thing? Just curious since I did run wifi before then tried it once without then just reinstalled it but the same error persists :|

This is a 4150 btw have tried google and this site but sadly nothing comes up, most people having this problem were on the 55xx I think and their fix included editing the registry but well it seems the keys are bit different on this version so I dont think that fix will work for this sadly.

Thanks

cftarnas
03-04-2004, 11:57 PM
Hiya,

Did it say hardware or adapter or does that mean the same thing? Just curious since I did run wifi before then tried it once without then just reinstalled it but the same error persists :|

This is a 4150 btw...
Thanks

It says the adapter is not present if I have not turned on WiFi before starting it, but sadly I do not recall what it said when it was activated and I got the error.

Until now I thought that the wireless hardware in the 415x and the 435x was identical, but evidence seems to be pointing another way...

-chris

epx
03-04-2004, 11:59 PM
Ah just thought I'd post a update, I tried a full version of the software and it seems to have done the trick for some reason :D :clap:

Thanks

BobWitt
03-05-2004, 04:08 AM
I also have a 4155 and this works fine every time (must turn on the WiFi first!)...

I've been thinking of putting together a small program that 1) turns on the radio and then 2) launches Pocket WiNc after a 1 second delay... then launches inbox and PIE...

Anyone have any idea what is being run/done when one pushes the WLAN button in the iPAQ Wireless app?

BobWitt