View Full Version : i700 Keyboard

yada88
02-17-2004, 10:30 PM
Does anyone know what keyboards work with the samsung i700? Does the stowaway wireless keyboard work with the i700? That would be my ideal solution, but it's not listed as compatible. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff :mrgreen:

Chris Spera
02-18-2004, 05:35 AM
Jeff,

The only OFFICIAL keyboard that works is the one from Samsung.

However, if you check this site:
http://www.sdsoft.net/i700.aspx

You'll find a hacked Targus IR Keyboard driver that works VERY well. I use it myself...

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

yada88
02-18-2004, 05:59 AM
Thanks for your help. It's stupid that Samsung isn't helping companies develop keyboard drivers for their device. Personally, if I hadn't found this, I wouldn't buy the phone. I just wish the thinkoutside keyboard supported the i700. I love their products and I know they're reliable. Speaking of, does anyone have the stowaway from thinkoutside that could see if the driver works for both? I say this because in the past thinkoutside designed the keyboards for targus, so I gotta think their's a chance the drivers are interchangable (despite keyboard cosmetic differences).

Jeff

Chris Spera
02-18-2004, 01:36 PM
NOpe. They don't work; and remember, the Targus driver that I'm talking about is a HACKED driver. The regular Targus driver won't work.

The i700's serial port is DEACTIVATED at the factory; and there is only limited support for serial devices once it is activated (like GPS or even BT SD Cards...)

The i700 is an amazing device, but it has some serious limitations...BUT it is also the ONLY CDMA PPC-PE out there.

Kind Regards,

Christopher