View Full Version : FYI: DON'T shake it, shake, shake it, shake it, shake it like a polaroid picture

sublime
02-17-2004, 05:10 PM
...says Polaroid, because you could ruin the image

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040217/tc_nm/tech_polaroid_outkast_dc

dean_shan
02-17-2004, 07:31 PM
:lol: Thanks for the link

Wiggster
02-17-2004, 07:37 PM
Yea, I've never seen anyone shake a Polaroid before the song became so popular. And it's hard to see the colors develop when it's shaking, and half the fun of a Polaroid is watching the insta-development.

PetiteFlower
02-17-2004, 07:39 PM
It's a kid thing I think. Of course in a few years no one will know what a polaroid is, why bother when there's digital cameras in everyone's cell phones that are more instant, WAY cheaper, and better quality?

dean_shan
02-17-2004, 07:40 PM
It's a kid thing I think. Of course in a few years no one will know what a polaroid is, why bother when there's digital cameras in everyone's cell phones that are more instant, WAY cheaper, and better quality?

That's true. Polaroid died years ago.

Jeff Rutledge
02-17-2004, 07:59 PM
That's too funny. Oh well, another change for the new generation I guess.

"In my day, we didn't have your fancy digital cameras. In my day we had to shake our pictures before you could pass them around. But you couldn't shake them too hard, no sir-ee. If you did that, the picture was ruined. Gone forever!"

(If you watched SNL back when Dana Carvey was on, read the above as the Grumpy Old Man...it's funnier). 8)

Sven Johannsen
02-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Ya'll are too young. Us old folk can remember when polaroid pictures had chemicals in them and you didn't get to watch them develop. The picture 'pack' came out and you did shake it to distribute the wet chemicals, to some degree. I seem to recall it was 60 sec to 2 minutes and then you peeled the front off to reveal the developed picture. Hopefully it turned out OK, as temperature had something to do with it, so if it was cold you had to develop longer as I recall. There were warnings on the part you discarded about the caustic chemicals. You were warned to dispose of them properly and to wash your hands quickly if you came in contact with the chemicals.

Sheynk
02-20-2004, 02:07 AM
I used to like that song

JustinGTP
02-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Oh, anyone see them live on a British show? I forget which one it was, but they sounded really good live.

-Justin.

Jon Westfall
02-21-2004, 12:18 PM
Anyone have any idea why Polaroid film costs WAY too much money? I can understand that it uses complex chemical reactions, but in this day of digital cameras, you'd think they'd lower the price to keep the users using.