View Full Version : ActiveSync: file syncing problem

ChrisP
02-17-2004, 01:02 AM
I want to sync all my files from the PPC\MY_DOCUMENTS folder to my Desktop PC.
When I established the ActiveSync partnerhip the first time, I enabled the option for syncing files and a corresponding directory had been set up on my Desktop PC.

But now, after having installed several new programs which placed their own new subfolders in \MY_DOCUMENTS, I realized that ActiveSync does not copy certain files to my Desktop PC.
I do not know how to add the new subfolders for syncing.

It is obvious too, that files which are placed in ROM or have special name extensions were omitted on syncing. Is there a way to customize ActiveSync to include such files?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

baker
02-17-2004, 01:54 AM
I don't think you can do it with AS as I believe it won't sync the subfolders. You could try a program called MightySync. Google it and see if it will do what you need.

ChrisP
02-17-2004, 05:47 PM
Thanks for your reply, baker!

But my ActiveSync (3.71) actually syncs subfolders like \MY_DOCUMENTS\WebIS\Icons\*.* !

The problem is that ActiveSync seems to exclude certain folders and files and I cannot find out why.

Besides, I used MightySync with the same result.

ChrisP

JonnoB
02-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Thanks for your reply, baker!

But my ActiveSync (3.71) actually syncs subfolders like \MY_DOCUMENTS\WebIS\Icons\*.* !

The problem is that ActiveSync seems to exclude certain folders and files and I cannot find out why.

Besides, I used MightySync with the same result.

ChrisP

Perhaps some of those files are marked as system or hidden files?