View Full Version : Screen Cleaning

Palm Cow
02-17-2004, 12:58 AM
What is the best way to go about screen cleaning, without risking damage? There is a little pixel-sized white dot on my screen and i can't get it off with my stylus. It is not a problem with the pixel below; if I move from where I'm looking at the screen, the dot moves relative to the screen, if that makes sense?

CardMSG
02-17-2004, 02:11 AM
Are you sure it's something on the screen and not in the screen? Has it always been there? If it's on the screen, then you should be able to take a slightly damp non-abrasive cloth or paper towel and gently rub the spot. It should come off without having to rub too hard, so make sure to rub it firmly, but not hard (you should be able to feel if you're rubbing too hard).

Other than that, I'm not sure what else to try.

dmacburry2003
02-17-2004, 02:44 AM
What is the best way to go about screen cleaning, without risking damage? There is a little pixel-sized white dot on my screen and i can't get it off with my stylus. It is not a problem with the pixel below; if I move from where I'm looking at the screen, the dot moves relative to the screen, if that makes sense?

Whoa! Don't try to get it off with your stylus! That will only indent it into your screen from the pressure. Rub it with a cloth or something (RadioShack has a nice PDA cleaner kit cheap :wink: ).

Palm Cow
02-17-2004, 03:33 AM
Lol! Uhh ... it hasn't always been there. Like, since last wednesday. What exactly is an unabrasive towel? Examples?

Kati Compton
02-17-2004, 03:43 AM
Well, you could get a cloth used to clean camera lenses...

Palm Cow
02-17-2004, 03:53 AM
Or one to clean glasses (spectacles)? Would that work?

Kati Compton
02-17-2004, 04:50 AM
Or one to clean glasses (spectacles)? Would that work?
Most likely. Basically, you want the cloth to be reasonably soft, and probably as lint-free as possible (to not re-dirty the screen).