View Full Version : streaming on ipaq

I0's
02-16-2004, 11:07 PM
how do u stream audio/video on a h5550?? my ipaq is new so i have no software installed as i dont know which on too, currently i only have Windows Media Player 9 only. i have tried but does not work.

THx

mredd27
02-17-2004, 12:13 AM
I can stream internet radio from ".pls" files when they are opened with PocketMVP. I download the ".pls" files from shoutcast.com

I've also tried streaming radio with Real Payer, but that doesn't work for some reason. I don't remember ever trying it with Media Player.

Ripper014
02-17-2004, 12:34 AM
If you can connect to your Wifi network it should not be that difficult... I use Windows Media Encoder to broadcast the stream and recieve it on my PPC though Windows Media Player...

Streaming Audio I perfer using GSPlayer... there are several ways to do this... Wifi being one of them... but if you just want to test it... put it on the cradle and allow your internet to pass through to your PPC... I originally tested it with Shoutcast...

I0's
02-17-2004, 01:37 AM
for example: this is a local local radio station (http://www.z1035.com/listen_live.html#) i listen to on my computer but when i try to listen to it on my ppc it does not play

mredd27
02-17-2004, 02:57 AM
Well it's not a very user-friendly way of doing it, but by looking at the source code for that radio station's website I can see that the URL to their radio stream is http://www.z1035.com/zmusic/z1035FM.asx. With this info, go into Media Player on your iPAQ then tap "Tools > Open URL" and type in the above address. You may then want to add it as a "Web Favorite" to save having to remember the address again in the fuure.

Hope that helps. I presume you were trying to play the station directly from a link in PocketIE before, and as far as I know that doesn't have Media Player capabilities built into it.

Ed

I0's
02-17-2004, 04:15 AM
Well it's not a very user-friendly way of doing it, but by looking at the source code for that radio station's website I can see that the URL to their radio stream is http://www.z1035.com/zmusic/z1035FM.asx. With this info, go into Media Player on your iPAQ then tap "Tools > Open URL" and type in the above address. You may then want to add it as a "Web Favorite" to save having to remember the address again in the fuure.

Hope that helps. I presume you were trying to play the station directly from a link in PocketIE before, and as far as I know that doesn't have Media Player capabilities built into it.

Ed

that worked :D thx alot btw, how did u find the link?
so Pocket IE dont have media player capabilities built in??
in the future if i have any streaming video to watch that are on website how do go about doing that??

THx

mredd27
02-17-2004, 12:01 PM
in the future if i have any streaming video to watch that are on website how do go about doing that??
Very tediously! Like I said, it's not really a user friendly method...

From experience I knew that the streaming file would be a ".asx" one, so I searched the webpage's source code on my desktop PC for an URL pointing to to such a file and then put this into my iPAQ's media player. To see a webpage's source you right-click on it and click "View Source". In cases like the one here where mouse clicking has been disallowed you can get around that by using the menu button on your keyboard which is equivilent to a right-click on the active window - that's the key immediately to the left of the right-hand Ctrl key.

I0's
02-17-2004, 09:58 PM
so how do u guys stream media from websites?? :?:

whatsnext?
02-18-2004, 02:45 AM
I know it is off-topic, but i really freaked when i saw your topic "steaming on ipaq". i thought "what now?!?!?!?"
:lol: :lol:

JGRicci
02-18-2004, 06:37 AM
I live on a large college campus, and we have wifi all over the place.
So my apartment computer (on campus connection) i share all my mp3's/video files and all i do with my ipaq is stream it over the wifi from teh shared drives... mp3's right into pocketPlayer, and it works excellent! stroll around on campus with only a minor breakup whenever i cross between wifi zones. Video i use pocketMVP and that tends to work pretty well too when i got good reception.

check out www.ppcvidz.com for lists of ppc friendly video streams from the internet. peace!

I0's
02-18-2004, 11:46 PM
I know it is off-topic, but i really freaked when i saw your topic "steaming on ipaq". i thought "what now?!?!?!?"
:lol: :lol:

good eye 8O , i did not noticed it either, gonna fix it :lol: