View Full Version : Bluetooth Problem (Urgent!)

tardis43
02-16-2004, 08:42 PM
Hello all, I am having a very annoying problem at the moment with my PDA

I have an HP iPaq 2210 which is working perfectly. It has always connected to the internet through the supplied cradle from HP but Ive decided I need a wireless option.
Today, I purchased a Belkin Bluetooth Wireless Adapter in the hope I can perform tasks downstairs for example. It can establish a network connection with my desktop PC, it can do Bluetooth Activesync and even send and recieve files

BUT I CANT GET IT TO DO THE MOST IMPORTANT THING - WIRELESS INTERNET!

I am very annoyed as this is the one thing I wish to do the most. I would like to be able to hook my iPaq 2210 to my pc and share its broadband internet connection

Can someone please tell me how to do this?

Janak Parekh
02-16-2004, 09:33 PM
First, I suggest you go through the Bluetooth guides over at Geekzone:

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449

They have a number that you might want to run through first, as there are several possibilities.

--janak

tardis43
02-16-2004, 10:45 PM
Thats helped a little. Now at least when I click CONNECT on my iPaq it actually does something

But im stuck again!

It gives me a Network logon screen asking for a username, password and domain. The username comes up as my first name but the rest is blank.

What do I do here??

bpkri
02-19-2004, 11:02 AM
Ever tried not entering anything? I think that also happens for me, but did never suuply user information.
I usually do it like this:
On Windows I have a bluetooth profile: LAN Access. With the help of Internet Connection Sharing, I can use this to connect to the internet and do whatever I want...