View Full Version : Backup And Reset On E740

the_hommi_g_is
02-15-2004, 07:59 AM
I have been a bit silly and tried alot of programs on my new PDA over the past few months and alot of the programs cant be removed ... Its rather annoying and its a bit messy ...

Is there any way i can Backup ONLY the contacts and appointments? ANd how do i reset the PDA so that its "fresh" like the day i bought it?

Ta in advance :)

Steven Cedrone
02-15-2004, 01:38 PM
I have been a bit silly and tried alot of programs on my new PDA over the past few months and alot of the programs cant be removed ... Its rather annoying and its a bit messy ...

Is there any way i can Backup ONLY the contacts and appointments? ANd how do i reset the PDA so that its "fresh" like the day i bought it?

Ta in advance :)

Are you sync'ing to Outlook? If so, when you create a new partnership, you can get all of the info back on the device. To Hard Reset: on the bottom of the device, there are two switches, one for turning off WIFI and the other for cutting off the battery. Switch the battery cutof and you should have a factory fresh device.

Steve

the_hommi_g_is
02-20-2004, 03:08 PM
Im not syncing with Outlook ... My father and i both use the same PC and he uses sync and i just use guest partnership ...

I used the backup utility that comes with the PDA, but it backsup everything and there isnt an option to bakup just the contacts ... by contacts i mean the names and numbers ... Any idea how i can do this? Is there a utility available that allows you to select wat u wish to backup? Or can i copy the contacts onto my SD or CF Card then reload them after Hard resetting?

ta Steve :)

Hamza

Steven Cedrone
02-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Im not syncing with Outlook ... My father and i both use the same PC and he uses sync and i just use guest partnership ...

I used the backup utility that comes with the PDA, but it backsup everything and there isnt an option to bakup just the contacts ... by contacts i mean the names and numbers ... Any idea how i can do this? Is there a utility available that allows you to select wat u wish to backup? Or can i copy the contacts onto my SD or CF Card then reload them after Hard resetting?

ta Steve :)

Hamza

The easiest way would be to use Sprite Pocket Backup. (http://www.spritesoftware.com/home.html) Definitely a "must have" application!

Steve