View Full Version : iPAQ 415x - what are the size implications of the extended battery?

Dave Potter
02-13-2004, 09:37 PM
Anyone out there with a 415x who has one of the extended batteries?

Maybe this is a dumb question... how does the battery actually fit into the unit? I mean, the battery is physically bigger than the standard 'slim' one - I've looked at the unit and cannot envision where the extra bulk would fit, especially with the little battery door installed.

Am I missing something?

I don't have one yet - but am thinking about getting one. But before I do, I'd like to know if using the extended battery means that I cannot use my aluminum case, which is already pretty snug with the standard battery.

Pat Logsdon
02-13-2004, 10:19 PM
Anyone out there with a 415x who has one of the extended batteries?

Maybe this is a dumb question... how does the battery actually fit into the unit? I mean, the battery is physically bigger than the standard 'slim' one - I've looked at the unit and cannot envision where the extra bulk would fit, especially with the little battery door installed.

Am I missing something?

I don't have one yet - but am thinking about getting one. But before I do, I'd like to know if using the extended battery means that I cannot use my aluminum case, which is already pretty snug with the standard battery.
I don't have one, but I'm pretty sure that the extended battery comes with a new (larger) door that's used in place of the old one.

Dave Potter
02-13-2004, 10:28 PM
I don't have one, but I'm pretty sure that the extended battery comes with a new (larger) door that's used in place of the old one.

I suspected as much - but it would be nice if someone with the extended battery could verify it for an absolute fact.

Anyone?

If this is, in fact, the case - then it seems like a foregone conclusion that my aluminum case wouldn't fit. In which case I might just get another slim battery.

WillyG
02-13-2004, 11:00 PM
Snack is absolutely right about the new batterydoor.
Some people like the 415X with the extended battery, simply because its better to hold (+the extended power of course). Others say it looks like a pregnant ipaq (guess its what you can expect if you leave a 4150 with a 1940 in the dark at night. Maybee its the rumored 6XXX baby thats in there :lol: )
Personally i like the battery, and would recomend it.
Have a look here for pictures and further discussion: http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=60f71dbed68a6360c9a7e0a4d3343de1&threadid=99665

Dave Potter
02-13-2004, 11:27 PM
Wow! Right on point. That thread in the link was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

BTW - The 1800 mAh extended battery is only about $13 CDN more than the 1000 mAh slim battery. Maybe I will get the extended battery afterall.

Edit:

On second thought, it looks like the extended battery will interfere with the micro keyboard I ordered a few days ago.

Has anyone used these two together?