View Full Version : Weird Battery and ActiveSync Occurrences

piperpilot
02-13-2004, 01:34 PM
I have been experiencing some strange occurrences lately relative to my beloved iPAQ 5455. First, I have had two batteries go from normal operation to complete, irreversible states of discharge in the last three weeks. Yes, I use my iPAQ a lot, but in each case, the batteries were less than a year old and before they completely discharged I didn't notice any drop off in performance. They just stopped working. I began to suspect that there is something wrong with the iPAQ itself that was causing the iPAQ to instantaneously drain the battery, so I did a hard reset and reinstalled all my applications rather than restore from a backup. I haven't switched out the batteries yet so I don't know if it had any effect on my battery problem but I will be traveling next week and will have occastion to switch out the battery quite often. We shall see, but I'm going broke buying replacement batteries at $70 a throw.

Problem No. 2 - After the hard reset, I have noticed that sometimes my inbox doesn't show email that I've received on my desktop even though ActiveSync shows that my device is connected. I have to remove the iPAQ from the cradle, put it back, then sync again. Weird. Just plain weird. Any explanations for either or both of my weird problems?