View Full Version : Terminal Services & HP5550 & WiFi

emtownsend
02-13-2004, 12:46 AM
Here is my setup:
HP5550
Linksys WRT54-G v2.02

I am able to surf the web only via WiFi on the HP5550.
I am able to surf the web AND perform Terminal Services from a wireless PC connected to the same Linksys AP.
The HP5550 will connect to Terminal Services via the USB cradle.

This would lead me to think there is a wrong setting on the HP5550 in WiFi mode. But, which setting?
The HP5550 is set for DHCP on the WiFi.

Anyone know?

Janak Parekh
02-13-2004, 02:21 AM
Are you trying to connect via the name of the computer or via its IP address? If you haven't tried the latter, try it -- "name resolution" might be failing.

--janak

emtownsend
02-13-2004, 06:24 PM
I used the IP address.
I have used the same method of using Terminal Services with another wireless desktop PC through the same access point and it works fine.
Is it maybe not possible to use Terminal Services via WiFi? That wouldn't make sense, but you just never know....

JonnoB
02-13-2004, 07:18 PM
I have used RDP (Terminal Services) many times via wireless, there isn't anything inherent in WiFi to limit this application. Are you able to ping that IP address?

Ripper014
02-13-2004, 07:34 PM
I have also used Terminal Services on my PPC (HP2210) the only issue I have with it is that it messes up my desktop icons once I disconnect...

I had to log-in via the IP address... as well...

emtownsend
02-13-2004, 07:59 PM
I am going to try and ping it and I will let you know.
So, there shouldn't be any limitation to Terminal Services via WiFi on the iPaq? That is good news. Now I just have to isolate the issue on mine.
I am even considering hard resetting it to start over. It is only three days old... How can I do the hard reset thing?