View Full Version : Is it love in bloom? Try the 'Butterflies-in-the-Stomach' Detector

Jason Dunn
02-12-2004, 11:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.iht.com/articles/129287.html' target='_blank'>http://www.iht.com/articles/129287.html</a><br /><br /></div>This article is about Pocket PC software that detects....love. Quick, better get it loaded before Valentine's Day!*<br /><br />"The Love Detector relies on a simplified form of the technology, said Richard Parton, chief executive of V Worldwide. The security version applies 8,000 algorithms to 129 parameters of a speaking voice, assessing, among other things, levels of emotion, embarrassment and concentration as well as whether what is said reflects certainty, uncertainty or outright lies.<br /><br />...The Pocket PC version, which picks up the speaker's voice on a hand-held organizer with a built-in microphone, shows the five measured parameters in bar-graphs. It also depicts the love level as a flower that progresses from a wilting, bare stem to an upright bloom with as many as five petals."<br /><br /><span>*Pocket PC Thoughts cannot be held responsible for the resulting pummelling your loved one will give you and your Pocket PC when you tell them to prove their love by talking to your device.</span>

T-Will
02-12-2004, 11:22 PM
Hmm...interesting...too bad there isn't a trial version available.

Godsongz
02-12-2004, 11:50 PM
*Pocket PC Thoughts cannot be held responsible for the resulting pummelling your loved one will give you and your Pocket PC when you tell them to prove their love by talking to your device.

...or when your loved one finds your PocketPC tucked into the couch cushion and DISCOVERS that his/her love is being tested without their knowledge. As a rule I tend to avoid slimy software.

dmacburry2003
02-12-2004, 11:57 PM
*Pocket PC Thoughts cannot be held responsible for the resulting pummelling your loved one will give you and your Pocket PC when you tell them to prove their love by talking to your device.

...or when your loved one finds your PocketPC tucked into the couch cushion and DISCOVERS that his/her love is being tested without their knowledge. As a rule I tend to avoid slimy software.

Turn it into a mirror and then she'll talk to it :D

Rob Borek
02-13-2004, 01:17 AM
I saw the title and instantly thought "Vincent Collura". Was I ever surprised when I read someone else came up with the idea :mrgreen: