View Full Version : GSPlayer - New Version - Disappointed

wolfpackfan
02-12-2004, 08:15 PM
I have been using version 1.94 of gsplayer for a few weeks now and it has been working great, especially for playing files off my desktop PC on my Axim. I just downloaded a new version, version 1.95, and major disappointment - it doesn't seem to have the ability to play files off my desktop anymore. In version 1.94, to play files off my desktop, I go into "Add File" and then type in the desktop shared name (which I created in Resco Explorer). I could then browse the files on my desktop within gsplayer. With version 1.95 though, the "Add File" screen no longer has a field where you can type in the shared name. Major disappointment. I've gone back to version 1.94. I looked for an email address for the author but couldn't find one. Does anyone know how to contact him. I'd hate to think I will not be able to upgrade to new versions because of this feature being missing - but this is a very important feature for me.

Mitchybums
02-12-2004, 09:33 PM
if you are using resco explorer, go into the settings, and enable the root network folder.
then if you map shares in resco explorer, tey will become subfolders of the network folder, and then you should be able to use any app to play files from the network shares, since they will just show as folders on your ppc.

wolfpackfan
02-13-2004, 01:27 PM
Thank you so much. This fixed the problem perfectly.