View Full Version : Help! - iPaq keeps disconnecting from activesync

shanafme
02-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Hello! My 5450 series is having some issues...

When I dock the iPaq, it connects right up to the computer's activesync and everything is fine and dandy. But about 5 minutes later, I hear the disconnect sound and the iPaq is disconnected from activesync. This just started in the past couple days, it used to always stay connected when docked.

The only software change that I can think of that occured between when it worked and when it didn't was that I upgraded ActiveBar.

Any ideas of what can cause this weird behavior? 0X

Steven Cedrone
02-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Does the Pocket PC stay on? Have you set the Device to power off even while connected to external power? Check your power settings, that would be my first hunch!

Steve

shanafme
02-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Yep, my power settings look good:

Here are the steps of what is happening:

1) Dock the PDA
2) It syncs & stays connected for about 5 minutes
3) It disconnects for some random reason.
4) The PDA turns off about 1 minute later.

Steven Cedrone
02-12-2004, 04:14 PM
Hmm. Not sure here. I think the next step is to determine whether it's the Pocket PC disconnecting from the PC or vice-versa. What apps do you have running on your device? Also, have you tried a soft-reset?

Steve

shanafme
02-12-2004, 06:21 PM
I've narrowed the problem down to being something with the USB port. When I connect to the PDA using the serial port, the connection stays up.

I'm not sure if it is a problem with the USB on the PC or the USB on the PDA yet though.