View Full Version : Dumb Question - How to reset via software

cmariotti
02-12-2004, 02:38 PM
It seems that I need to reset far more often than I should on my iPAQ 4150/55 ... At least, more than my Nino ever did.

My question is, there must be an easier way to reset my unit than unscrewing the reset pin from my stylus. Tell me there is a software reset built into the machine... I'm missing something right :oops: ? Any alternatives?

Steven Cedrone
02-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Well, the PHM PowerToys (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24336&highlight=) have a reset applet. There are others, I believe, that are out there as well!

Steve

David Prahl
02-12-2004, 03:56 PM
Check out "HandyMenu", too. I'll be writing a review (one of these days :oops: ) - it makes soft and hard resets a snap.

ericdo
02-12-2004, 04:14 PM
I find that the stylus tip fits in the reset hole fine, so I never bother to do the whole unscrew of the cap thing.

The goods news is that my 4150 needs a reset far less often than my old 3870! :D

I've never used a software reset app before - Usually a reset is needed because the iPaq is 'hung,' making it impossible to access the software reset icon. :? Or am I not seeing the point?

JohnnyFlash
02-12-2004, 05:03 PM
I use Dinar Handy Menu as well. It works great for soft resets, and it lets you perform lots of other essential functions right from an icon in your system tray. Plus, there's a link on the PPC Thoughts front page to get it for $2 off. (I think that makes it about 7 bucks)

Deemo
02-12-2004, 07:57 PM
Battery Pack 2004....another reason it's a top seller. :wink: