View Full Version : Activesync calander - unresolve items

rwolf
02-12-2004, 09:42 AM
I have "unresolve items" when activesync CALENDAR with my office pc. But I can activesync with AVANTGO, or even my files.

I can also activesync the CALENDER with my laptop.
I have deleted all the calendar items on my office pc, but still i cannot activesync my 2210 calender items to this pc.
It keep showing "unresolve items"
thank you in advance

Perk
02-12-2004, 04:44 PM
You might consider removing the PDA from it's cradle and then deleting it's relationship in Active Sync on both PCs. Then when establishing a new relationship, make sure to check "more than one PC" option.

This may help and may not.

I have "unresolve items" when activesync CALENDAR with my office pc. But I can activesync with AVANTGO, or even my files.

I can also activesync the CALENDER with my laptop.
I have deleted all the calendar items on my office pc, but still i cannot activesync my 2210 calender items to this pc.
It keep showing "unresolve items"
thank you in advance

JohnnyFlash
02-12-2004, 04:49 PM
Activesync can only sync with one calendar at a time. Even if you select to sync with multiple PCs, it will only do the calendar with one of them, even though you can sync your files, avantgo, databases, etc with all of your connections.

I think this is intentionally built into the app by Microshaft to avoid confusion with multiple copies of your inbox on multiple PCs.

Perk
02-12-2004, 08:57 PM
I have Office xp installed on my present work laptop and Office 2000 installed at home and Active Sync syncs Calendar, Tasks, Contacts and notes. It only syncs mail from my laptop.

I'm not saying that it syncs everything perfectly every time, but it does work. My desktop is really more of a backup for my Outlook data. I do some data entry on it but not nearly as much as on my laptop and iPAQ.

It also syncs Files, Word Logic & Avantgo.

When establishing Active Sync partnerships, It only wants to sync mail if you have a single PC. You can trick it into working like so:
1 Sync all data between whatever you have a solid partnership established with.
2 Hard reset your PDA after making sure no non Outlook data will be lost, software keys, et. (see your owner's manual)
3 Delete Active Sync partnerships on both PCs (disconnect your PDA, open Active Sync and click File/Device/"Your PDA's name, then choose not to delete the file folder)
4 Choose which of the two PCs you want to sync mail with (Mail must be setup in Outlook before proceeding)
5 Connect your Pocket PC to that computer and choose to establish a relationship, then with only this PC
6 Choose all data types you wish to sync, checking the options in each one (do not modify the inbox option at this time)
7 If syncing Avantgo, be sure you have the latest version installed
8 After sync is complete, remove PDA from cradle and resync after one minute
9 When establishing a relationship with the second PC, Choose "Two PCs and be certain to never sync mail.
11 After sync is complete, re-sync with first PC
10 Duplicate appointments, tasks and contacts may be generated and can be removed with this program: http://www.hlyspirit.org.uk/cms/index.php/Outlook_Duplicates_Remover/7/0/

I've done this with multiple versions of office and multiple versions of the Pocket PC operating system and of Active Sync and it has always worked in the past. I hope this will help resolve your concern.

Activesync can only sync with one calendar at a time. Even if you select to sync with multiple PCs, it will only do the calendar with one of them, even though you can sync your files, avantgo, databases, etc with all of your connections.

I think this is intentionally built into the app by Microshaft to avoid confusion with multiple copies of your inbox on multiple PCs.

rwolf
02-13-2004, 03:43 PM
I only sync Calender, task, and contacts. I do not sync my mails.

I have done all that you have mentioned short of a hard reset, still no go in sync with my office pc.
I use to be able to do it, till 2 days ago.

Still I can sync with my notebook but not my office PC (W2K).

waterboy
04-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Check in ActiveSync - Tools - Options - When syncing remotely with a PC .... and verify that the list entry shown matches the PC with which you're trying to sync. Some times I have to manually change this when syncing with the second PC.