View Full Version : Good news and bad news

Macguy59
02-10-2004, 10:28 PM
The iPAQ 5455 arrived a day early (The good). Powered it up long enough to make sure there was nothing wrong it . . . and noticed that it's yellow/tan on areas like backgrounds that should be white (The bad) no matter what the viewing angle is :evil: I thought this issue was limited to the 193x, 194x and 4xxx series? Has anyone else experienced this with a 54xx series ipaq? Tricks or suggestions on how to overcome this? Thanks

Macguy59
02-13-2004, 01:40 AM
Even though I didn't get a response I thought I would post an update.

Just upgraded the 5455 to WM 2003 and lo and behold it fixed the screen problem. Whites are now white again : ) So I am now thinking that the person that had this unit used a registry hack to intentionally change the background color. I also want to report that contrary to what I've read this device has been easy to set up for BT and WI-FI. I am able to access the internet with either wireless type and can also sync wirelessly using either one. This has been $260 WELL SPENT. Now if Verizon will hurry up and get the Smartphone 2003 ROM upgrade out to the stores for my Samsung smartphone ,I will be very happy :mrgreen:

Steven Cedrone
02-13-2004, 01:45 AM
Glad to hear you were able to "fix" your problem! :way to go:

Steve