View Full Version : Any good programs to turn PPC or laptop into cell phone over Bluetooth?

spinedoc
02-10-2004, 07:26 PM
Hey guys. I have a 2215 with BT and a T608 BT SE phone. I am on my PPC very often and would love to have a program which allows me to leave my phone in my pocket and answer calls on my PPC. I dont mind if its over the PPC mic/speaker, or a wired headset, or wireless headset. Caller ID would be nice also.

The same also goes for a laptop, kind of like the Macs have in their laptops with BT. Any good programs?

Robb Bates
02-11-2004, 07:20 PM
Here's one possible approach. Although I don't think it'll work right now. Maybe with some BT patches or something.

Using the Bluetooth audio gateway profile. It allows one devices microphone and speaker to act as another's. So basically, you could use your h2215 as a bluetooth headset.

The bluetooth headset profile that is hidden on the h2215 doesn't seem to be up to snuff. There have been feeble attempts to enable it for use with a BT headset but the audio quality is EXTREMELY poor!!!! Not just low bandwidth, but crackling, staticky, and it causes the h2215 to bog down until it crashes. Not sure why.

Robb

spinedoc
02-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the reply. How do I enable the audio gateway? I understand its a registry change. I have no problem with changing my windows reg, but I have never changed a PPC reg.

Thanks.

spinedoc
02-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Never mind, found it. There are reg settings for encryption and audio quality, so will see if these help. I am still waiting for my SE HBH-65 from Sony to arrive next week.