View Full Version : IpaQ 5550 and Navman

dodo34
02-10-2004, 07:17 PM
Does the Navman GPS 3000 and 3300 work correct with the Ipaq 5550 ???
As Software TomTom2.

Many Thanks

kevinmccall
02-11-2004, 11:00 PM
i would be interested in hearing what people say about the navman sleeve for the ipaq 5555 as well. it looks to me to have all the features of the more expensive units that run $1,000 or more. i've been looking at magellan and garmin but this seems to be the best value.

ccgurganus
07-08-2004, 09:14 PM
I am using RoyalTek GPS module and Destinator software with my ipaq 5550 and the combo works OK ... but, a few problems:
1. Cannot hear the lady's voice over the road noise when traveling.
2. The maps are big big big and that is not clearly expained on the Destinator website and I had to buy BIG SD's to move from State to State.
3. The "Vent" mount sucks big time.
4. The 1GB SD's are very expensive but they do work.
5. My ipaq does not include software to format SD's when they need to be "cleaned-up" or restore to original memory capacity.
5. I have no idea what "Rescoe" is but is said to be on the orig CD.
6. Of course, if you get the simplistic maps then they are smaller ... I considered the HP GPS package but the reviews said no good and stay away.
7. I am looking for compatible software that is smart enough to "switch" to necessary maps on the SD as needed during travel.

lmbranco
07-09-2004, 09:10 AM
Hi All,

I have a Navman 3450 with my IPAQ 5550 and so far it has worked like a charm. I Recommend the combo as it is very portable and user friendly (i use it with TomTom).

Cheers,

Luís