View Full Version : help: Syncing with outlook calendar

Brodee
02-09-2004, 03:40 AM
I have a plugin for outlook so I can use a shared calendar in the office, sort of like exchange would do. Problem is the calendar I need to sync to is not the regular outlook calendar, it's in a subfolder. I have used Intelisync to point to the specific folder and that works fine for about a week and then errors out.

Is there a way to assign a folder for activesync to use for the calendar other than the default one. Or, does anyone know how to duplicate this calendar folder to the main one so it will sync?

Thanks,
Brodee

ironguy
02-09-2004, 04:22 PM
If you open the folder view of Outlook, you can right click on the Calendar in question, drag it, then copy it wherever you want. I suppose a brainy software person could even write a vbscript to copy this every time you open Outlook.

I don't think AS gives you options for which calendar to sync.

Which Outlook are you using and can you give a little more info on this plug-in and how it works in the folder hierarchy?

Brodee
02-09-2004, 04:49 PM
We have outlook 2002 currently. I'm connecting to an MDaemon pop3 server. The server has a plugin called groupware that allows users to share out any folder they wish. I created a dummy user for the office and share that calendar to the whole office as an office-wide calendar. The plug-in creates a sub folder called Groupware that has all shared folders under that. This means there is a folder in there called "shared calendar".

The copy thing would work if it was my ipaq I was trying to sync, problem is it's my bosses so I need something that will automate the copying so he doesn't have to do the extra step.

Thanks for your help!