View Full Version : 512 SD Card.... only $99.99..... few questions though

Stevoo187
02-08-2004, 11:53 PM
Hey guys,
I am thinking about getting a 512 SD card made by PNY for a 100 bux but have a few questions. First of all, i was wondering if anyone has any opinion on whether PNY makes good/bad cards or if anyone has had any problems with PNY. Also, i would like to know if anyone has had any first hand experience with the read/write speed of PNY cards and how they compare to other brands like sandisk or panasonic. O yea.. I'm pretty sure this is a good deal, but if anyone has seen 512 for cheaper, could ya help a brotha out? Thx in advanced :)

Steve

Wiggster
02-09-2004, 01:04 AM
I've yet to try PNY for memory cards, as I haven't seen a place that carried them cheaper than Lexar.

However, I've used PNY for my video cards for years (GeForce chipsets), and they've held up to be superb cards. I hope someone can verify the same holds true for the memory cards.

arnage2
02-09-2004, 03:41 AM
my 128cf is pny. It still works fine. Ive had it for 3 years, so the label has completely wore off.

Jason Dunn
02-09-2004, 05:15 AM
I haven't heard anything bad about PNY quality on SD cards, but I haven't heard anything about the speed. The reality is though that speeds will differ batch to batch, so unless you buy a 32x or another "high speed" card, you won't get the guaranteed speed - you'll get whatever that card will handle.