View Full Version : Expansion Pack

goofa6641
02-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Hi there,
I am new to this forum, and pocket pc's in general, and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I am looking for info on compact flash Expansion Packs which can be purchased for the ipaq 4150 i can only find information on other series.

I know the 4150 supports SD cards but the problem is i have three compact flash cards which adds up to over 300mb of storage, these cards are what i use on my digi camera.

Have i made a mistake in buying this model as some others support CF cards, i don't really want to purchase SD cards.

p.s. I live in the United Kingdom so would like to purchase from here.

Thanks for any help given.

bleeman
02-08-2004, 07:43 PM
The iPAQ Expansion Packs only fit the 3xxx and 5xxx line of iPAQ's. It's one of the reasons I went with the 5555 instead of the 4150 when I upgraded from my 3835. I was very tempted to go with the 4150 but I had to much invested in various accessories that wouldn't work with the 4xxx line. This gave me the best of both worlds. SD for day-to-day use and CF or PCMCIA when needed with the appropriate expansion pack.

As far as I know there are no other options to make use of compact flash cards for the 4xxx line, but I haven't looked that hard either so there may be a third party option that someone else is aware of.