View Full Version : Ques about Hitachi G1000

NeilG
02-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Hi

I'm brand new to Pocket PC life and I just got the Hitachi G1000 Phone/PC

In general I'd love to hear feedback from you guys about this unit. What do you like and dislike.

Specifically, I'm wondering if the OS software can be upgraded from 2002 to 2003?

I tried looking on the Hitachi and Sprint websites and couldn't find anything.

Thanx for your help.

Neil

Janak Parekh
02-08-2004, 02:02 AM
Specifically, I'm wondering if the OS software can be upgraded from 2002 to 2003?
To the best of my knowledge, it may be upgradeable but no upgrade has, as of yet, been formally announced. About the only thing you can do is to sit and wait. :|

As for the device itself, I like the idea of all-in-one convergence, although the unit's a little too big, and the 32MB and lack of SDIO support is a little underwhelming for me. But apart from that, having the integrated thumbboard is awesome. :)

--janak

NeilG
02-08-2004, 04:04 AM
Thanx,

BTW: What is SDIO? I did a search and can't quite figure it out.

Steven Cedrone
02-08-2004, 04:31 AM
Thanx,

BTW: What is SDIO? I did a search and can't quite figure it out.

The difference is that in a SD slot you can only use SD memory cards. In an SDIO slot, you can use, not only SD memory cards, but other peripherals as well: WIFI cards, cameras, etc...

Steve

jackdaniels
02-08-2004, 07:15 AM
NeilG,

Welcome to the G1000 club. :way to go: This board is great for general PPC information, but for G specific issues I'll direct you to the following board:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=66

There is alot of information that will get you up and running.

sistaonthego
05-28-2004, 07:47 PM
I just brought the G1000 and I luv the big size.....i dont drop it as much as I did with the Treo 600 and 300. I would love to be able to delete some of the microsoft "common" software on it.....but other than that...im loving the "all in one device" concept.