View Full Version : Rom update --- PLEASE HELP!!!!

ghostppc
02-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Has anyone performed a rom upgrade or a WM2003 upgrade on their ipaq 54XX that can tell me the process they went through? Specifically, what buttons does it ask you to press? During the upgrade do you have to perform a hard reset? My calendar button is broken and I'm afraid I'll turn the ipaq into a brick halfway through depending on the sequence of buttons used.

townsendtribe
02-09-2004, 05:31 AM
To the best of my knowledge it does not ask you to press any buttons... it actually tells you not to use it at all while it is upgrading. After the upgrade is done the only thing you have to to is adjust the screen, I don't think the buttons are required for anything, other than a few apps and some games.

Janak Parekh
02-09-2004, 06:37 AM
To the best of my knowledge it does not ask you to press any buttons...
You sure about that? What about the hard reset at the end of the ROM update? I'd assume that requires the press of the calendar button... I've done it on my 3870, not a 5450, but I'd assume it would be similar.

--janak

townsendtribe
02-09-2004, 06:48 AM
Well, the hard reset may ask for a button press, but on my Axim it is either a the Contacts button for yes or the mail button for no...

Last time I flashed an iPAQ was the 3600 series and that had the battery kill switch for a hard reset.

Janak Parekh
02-09-2004, 06:58 AM
Well, it changed. Most of the modern iPAQs need you to hold down Contacts and iTask and press the soft-reset, since the switch is gone.

I'd assume this is needed for the 5450, so that GHOSTPPC, I'd be careful.

--janak

ghostppc
02-10-2004, 03:25 AM
Thanks for all your help guys! I actually contacted HP's online support too, and they got back to me pretty fast. I was shocked to reach an actual person and not an automated response. :wink: The rep told me that you do have to do a hard reset at some point of the rom upgrade. I'm not sure if it's during or at the very end. So no rom upgrade for me :cry: