View Full Version : problem with Sandisk 256MB SD card in iPAQ 2210

betoje
02-07-2004, 12:31 PM
Hello,

I have an iPAQ 2210. I bought a Sandisk 256MB SD card through amazon.com one month ago. I downloaded there many mp3 files and also installed some programs. Everythig was ok until yesterday. Suddenly I noticed that all files in the \SD Card\ dissappeared. The strange thing is that the information seems to be there, because applications such as Wisbar Advance or Total Commander still show a free space of 69.09MB. Is there any utility to recover from this type of situation? If there is a freeware, better. Does anybody else have experienced this problem on any SDIO card? I am planning to return the card to amazon and try another brand. Tell me if there is a more reliable brand. Please advise.

Thanks, Alberto.

Howard2k
02-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Scamdisk cards are garbage. They are notoriously unreliable and consdierably slower than other brands.

Go here to see just how much slower:
http://www.achilles-site.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=357

If it's not too late, return it and change it for another brand. Otherwise search on Handango and you'll find a program called Storage Tools.

Mark_Venture
02-10-2004, 04:59 AM
You could try putting the card in a Card Reader attached to your PC and run scandisk. It worked when it happend to me about 4 times. I've since switched to a Lexar card. Its faster, and no problems.

JustinGTP
02-10-2004, 05:46 AM
SanDisk cards are cheaper in price, and also may "cheaply"

They are basically crappy :D I have a Kingston, much much better :D

-Justin.

phillipmorgan
02-12-2004, 12:11 AM
I just read this post a few days ago. I bought the 256 right after Christmas on what I thought was a great deal. Mine was actually working well . . . .until last night. What a piece of crap!!!

I'm in nursing and have my nursing software loaded to the card. Suddenly, my programs either slowed down or completely locked up the PDA. Tried a few soft resets and it would work for a minute then slow down almost to a stop. A few times, turned the thing off and it wouldn't turn on UNLESS I did another soft reset.

Removed the card and presto! All the other software, OS, etc works like a charm. Reinstalled the card and it's the same old problem.

Guess I'm now in the market for ANYTHING better,

Thanks for the posts. I'm officially in the Scamdisk Club

Phil