View Full Version : Pocket PC Apps in VB.Net

htdata
02-06-2004, 04:38 PM
I am starting my transition from VB 6 to VB.Net and want to add to my list of objectives the compact framework. Do I need to have Pocket PC 2003 installed on my PDA to run apps developed in VB.Net 2003? If so where can I buy such a thing? Does anyone have any good links or information on the compact framework and how to use it from VB.Net? Is there a simulation environment for .Net development as there was for eVB?

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Jason.

prismejon
02-07-2004, 12:28 AM
To run applications created in VB.NET (using the .NET Compact Framework - which is a subset of all the things that are available in the full .NET framework, but don't worry you have enough to do most things :D) you need to have the .NET Compact Framework installed on your PocketPC. It's available for both PocketPC 2002 and Windows Mobile 2003, I'm not sure about PocketPC 2000. When you develope in Visual Studio .NET you can choose to either test the app on your PocketPC (if you haven't installed the .NET Compact Framework it will be installed automaticly) or to use the emulator that comes with VS.NET.

Hope this answers your questions, good luck!

htdata
02-10-2004, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to getting started.

Jason.