View Full Version : 4150 no longer syncing!

lazerin
02-05-2004, 10:48 AM
I just got a 4150 yesterday and everything was working out fine. Just an hour or so ago, I installed avantgo and set everything up and it synced nicely. Just then, I hooked up the ipaq to the cradle and it won't sync!

It gives this error message:
---------------------------
Microsoft ActiveSync
Synchronization cannot be started because partnership information could not be accessed on your mobile device. Disconnect your device, reconnect your device, and try to synchronize again. If the problem persists, use Microsoft ActiveSync to back up all information on your device, and then clear device memory according to your device manufacturer's documentation. After memory has been cleared, reconnect your device to your desktop computer.
OK

Help! What went wrong?

I have tried soft resetting as well.

pshek
02-05-2004, 11:44 AM
If you haven't had your IPAQ for long then it may be worthwhile doing a hard reset. This will *probably* solve the problem but you won't know what caused the problem. I've heard people quoting problems with USB connections as causing this but I've not had a problem myself.

lazerin
02-05-2004, 12:20 PM
Yea, I did a hard reset and it fixed it. Hopefullly it won't happen again.

pshek
02-05-2004, 12:27 PM
Good. Hopefully it won't happen again. If it does happen later down the line then you may want to investigate the issue further. Luckily for you, it happened early but later on there might be loads of stuff that you don't want to have to reinstall. You're not syncing between two machines, are you? My friend has had some problems with that. Other problems have been caused by simply using a different connection method. Strange stuff, indeed!

lazerin
02-05-2004, 12:35 PM
Nope, just the one machine using usb. I suspect it may have something to do with avantgo because I tried to install another version onto the ipaq when there was already a version on the rom.

lazerin
02-05-2004, 12:43 PM
Ahhhh!!!!!!!! It's happened again!!!!!!!!!!

Help!

pshek
02-05-2004, 12:50 PM
Same error?

Did you reinstall the copy of avantgo? If so, take it off and try again.

Failing that, is Activesync recognising your IPAQ at all? There may be some kind of corruption causing the problem. What are you trying to syncronize?

lazerin
02-05-2004, 12:56 PM
Previously, I download the avantgo client from their site and installed it through activesync. After the error happened, I did some research and found out that my ipaq doesn't need the client to be installed as it should already work. So after hard reseting, I just ran the avantgo software on the ipaq and synced through activesync. The only thing I have selected to sync is avantgo. This worked fine.

When I took my ipaq off the cradle and tried to put it back in to sync again, it failed with the same error. It seems weird that both times I tried using avantgo, it fails.....

pshek
02-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Take Avantgo off of Activesync and see if the device connects properly. If it is Avantgo then I'm not too sure as to a solution because the hardware has been reset and your connection is fine. MAybe someone else can make a suggestion?

lazerin
02-05-2004, 01:07 PM
Yea, I've tried that with no success :( Thanks for the help though.

pshek
02-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Having run out of ideas I did a search and this page may be useful to you. The problems seem to centre around Avantgo and people have needed to rename devices etc. It doesn't address your problem directly but it may give you a few pointers:

http://www.ppczone.net/forum/showthread/t-4360.html