View Full Version : 2210 keyboard

pshek
02-05-2004, 10:31 AM
I have a 2210 and find it to be a great little machine. I've not explored it completely yet but I intend to turn it inside out.

One thing I don't seem to be able to do is change the keyboard configuration. I am in the UK and the keyboard seems to be set to US standard i.e. $ on keyboard instead of £ and @ in the place of ". This might seem irrelevant to most but it's just a small niggle that bugs me everytime I use the keyboard. Can this be changed.

Any recommendations for software etc for customisation/making my life easier. This will primarily be used for business purposes but it's my new 'toy' and I want to get the best out of it. Any help much appreciated.

pshek
02-05-2004, 01:57 PM
No one knows? Does everyone in the UK stick to this default then? Perhaps the problem is limited to the 2210 itself? Does your model let you switch keyboard configurations?

Jimmy Dodd
02-05-2004, 03:21 PM
I'll respond just so you don't feel ignored. :wink:

I've not seen a built-in way to modify the keyboard layout, but there is this article (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/index.php?topic_id=23681) that was posted a few days ago that might be of some help.

pshek
02-05-2004, 03:40 PM
Thanks for that. $20 to change something I'm not too fussed about is a bit much though. I'm surprised that there is no native way to do this but HP/Compaq obviously thought this wasn't important. Ah, well, thanks for the reply.

Jimmy Dodd
02-05-2004, 03:49 PM
...but HP/Compaq obviously thought this wasn't important.

Being in America I've never had to deal with this, but I'm curious: do other PPC OEMs have different keyboard layouts for non-American English? I know that the regional settings can be changed so that Excel and other apps can be localized, but I think that the SIP requires a different DLL altogether.