View Full Version : Why no battery level indicator on the home page?

STW
02-05-2004, 05:32 AM
Still don't understand why there is no battery level on the today page.

So many times a day I tap start/settings/system/power. Four taps for something that Palm puts under your nose. Just doesn't make sense. (I still find myself assuming that whatever Palm can do, PPC will always do better--that's after using Palm a lot for years.)

I've tried some battery monitor software that came with Journal and a cool desktop that put app icons on the Today page, but didn't want to pay for all the features when all I wanted was the batt. monitor.

Anything out there simple and free (or cheap) that I've missed?

dmacburry2003
02-05-2004, 05:39 AM
Download Wisbar or Icbar and you can get customizable battery icons on the actual Star bar (as well as a fully customizable Start bar itself)

THEIR FREE! :D

STW
02-05-2004, 06:08 AM
Thanks. That sounds like what I'm looking for, but my search on this site for Wisbar brought up some freeware wisbar skins only. What's the basic freeware that I need for the battery pack.

Ripper014
02-05-2004, 06:14 AM
If you want something on the Today Page.. you can try a Today Plug-in called "Todays Info"...

You can find it at PPCFreewares...

dmacburry2003
02-05-2004, 06:14 AM
go to http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com and click on (english, of course) the Task Managers category.

Wisbar is the first one.

Get Icbar if you want something short, simple, and to the point.
Get Wisbar if you want more features (I use Wisbar).

Don't lose those skin websites, they might come in handy :wink:

STW
02-05-2004, 08:23 AM
Thanks, those are great. I'm trying both Icbar and Wisbar. I like the fonts and graphics of Icbar but its battery icon is barely visible and doesn't show a percentage figure, and when you tap it it brings up the backlight screen rather than the battery screen. I work on it some more and then try Wisbar again.

Ripper014
02-05-2004, 09:49 AM
You would probably enjoy WisBar Advanced more... it even comes with a few different skins... and a much more attractive battery bar...

Oliver Mitchell
02-05-2004, 01:54 PM
there's also todayplus which does what you want, you can get it here (http://www.dark-mojo.com/todayplus/index.php)