View Full Version : Franklin Planner to Plans Plus 2.0 sync w/ Pocket PC, DOES IT WORK!?

djtornow
02-05-2004, 03:13 AM
I am trying to get my Dell Axim X3i sync'd to my Franklin Planner (FP)software by Franklin Covey (I have been using is since version 4.0 and I am now on ver 8.1.1) I presently sync w/ a Visor (palm system)

Franklin Covey tech support informed my FP software does not work any more & I had to buy Plans Plus 2.0 to sync w/a Pocket PC. "Only MS Outlook will sync to a Pocket PC." Plans plus is a plug into Outlook that adds the Planner software items I am use to. Now they say a bug will not allow 2.0 to import my Planner data I install Plans Plus 1.0.5 first to import the data, then uninstall it and install 2.0 to have it the latest.

I have followed the following:
Franklin Planner 8.1.1 already installed w/ latest data restored form backup file. (No Palm sync is installed as trying on home computer 1st, a Dell 8250 2.4 Pent, 1yr old)

Installed MS Outlook 2002
Active Sync 3.7
Plans Plus 1.0.5
---> but data imported is minimal and 0 tasks show and only old Calendar items

The final help I have to date is that I should purge data to help make my file smaller (still in process).

HAS ANYONE GOT THIS TO WORK!?
:evil: :cry:

karen
02-05-2004, 03:46 AM
Just checking: You installed the Plan Plus software on your Pocket PC?

djtornow
02-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Yes, the software has gotten to the Pocket PC
Daily tasks and Daily Record of Events is there but No data because it is not in the Outlook / Plans Plus.

The main thing is Data did not get imported and I do not believe all the software is on the Pocket PC

Do you have any experience w/ Plans Plus?

Jimmy Dodd
02-05-2004, 10:37 PM
I used to use Franklin Planner Software and I installed the trial PlanPlus software but didn't like it. I was able, however, to import the data during the install process. I was using FPS 8.1 and PlanPlus 2.0.

If you are used to FPS synching to a Palm then I doubt you'll be very impressed with PlanPlus on your PPC. The only thing that get synch'ed to the PPC are Tasks and DRE. No Mission, Values, Goals, etc. are supported.

djtornow
02-06-2004, 04:57 AM
:?:
Tasks, DRE, along with the Master Task List, Notes (goes to Palm Memo Pad), and other items are important, did you get those too?

What are you using now?? Pocket PC or a palm?? It sounds like your still using the Franklin Planner software? Let me know.

I still have had no luck

Jimmy Dodd
02-06-2004, 05:31 PM
:?:
Tasks, DRE, along with the Master Task List, Notes (goes to Palm Memo Pad), and other items are important, did you get those too?

What are you using now?? Pocket PC or a palm?? It sounds like your still using the Franklin Planner software? Let me know.

I still have had no luck

I don't recall that the FPS notes are synched. Master Tasks are synched, but not any of the other things like Quotes, Journal, and Turbo Files. Also there wasn't really anything on the PPC to do daily or weekly planning, beyond just the Tasks and Appointments.

I have my own home-grown solution now that I use on my PPC.

geoff425
02-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Hello!

I too use Franklin Covey's Plan Plus 2.0 and after reading everyone's comments my question is this - should the Power Notes and weekly planning sync to the PPC?

I am able to sync the following onto my iPAQ 1945:
Daily Record (aka Journal)
Prioritized Daily Task List
Master Task List

I just assumed that the weekly planning and the Power Notes were only available on the desktop PC.

dac035
02-07-2004, 03:57 AM
I use to use Frankin planner 8.1. I loved it with my PPC. The issue was the sych program. FP used a third party sych program Starfish TrueSynch. The issue is they were bought out by Puma. The program was discontinued. Limited support. FP made the decision to use Outlook.

I currently use Planner plus. Yes there is limited sych- DR and PT.

djtornow
02-21-2004, 06:07 AM
I GAVE UP after 30+ hours of trying. :(

After numerous calls to the Franklin Covey help line and spending the $110 to purchase the Plans Plus 2.0 I called it quits and sent my beautiful Dell Axim 3xi back for a refund!

I did everything in my powers plus more. failed to sync daily tasks, lost categories for contacts, hundreds of errors, failed installs and removals (still cannot get it all off my machine yet). I am very knowledge about the Franklin Planner software having used if for 8+? years since version 4.0 and synced w/ a Palm for at least 6 yrs.

I truely believe the Plans Plus Sync w/ a Pocket PC is not robust enough and I truely recommend against it. While had a database to go from already it could be better starting from scratch??

Bottom line: I ordered a Palm Tungsten E to replace my old Visor Platinum for $200 ($220 /w MP3 kit). This should go back to syncing w/ my pretty reliable Franklin Planner 8.1 software....! I'll keep you posted.