View Full Version : The Latest Subscriber Discounts

Jason Dunn
02-05-2004, 05:02 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/discounts.php' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/discounts.php</a><br /><br /></div>I'm always contacting vendors, working hard to get discounts for <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/subscribe.php">subscribers</a>, and I'm happy to announce that I've secured a 20% discount off any application that Handmark sells! This is something that you guys asked for as a Christmas present, but it took a while to get things in place. You can find the coupon code on the <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/discounts.php">discounts page</a>. Here are the latest discounts:<br /><br />• 20% Off Any Handmark Product (Valid Until 5/1/2004) <br />• 30% Off Any TranCreative Product (Valid Until 3/1/2004)<br />• 15% Off Devil Darts (Valid Until 6/1/2004)<br />• 25% Off Any Two Peaks Product (Valid Until 6/30/2004)<br />• 30% Off My Last Cigarette from Mastersoft Mobile Solutions (Valid until 6/1/2004)<br />• 30% Off Games Pack 2 from Mastersoft Mobile Solutions<br />• 15% Off Any Application from Handango (Valid Until 12/31/2005)<br />• FREE Copy of MasterSoft Money worth $19.95 (Valid until 6/1/2004)<br /><br />And next week, I have some discounts coming on GPS hardware! Am I missing any top vendors that you'd like discounts from? If so, drop me an email (jason@) and I'll see what I can do.

Zack Mahdavi
02-05-2004, 07:26 PM
I discovered this site a couple weeks ago... I must say, this site has made me an addict! I come here SEVERAL times a day. The reviews and articles are wonderful and informative, but the forum community is so active. Thanks for such a great site!

I've been considering becoming a subscriber, but there are some questions I haven't been able to find answers for:

1) How long does the trial period last for?
2) Can I access the discount page if I have a "Lite Subscription" for $2 a month?

Jason Dunn
02-05-2004, 08:06 PM
1) How long does the trial period last for?
2) Can I access the discount page if I have a "Lite Subscription" for $2 a month?

1) 2 weeks if you use PayPal, or by credit card there is no trial period.

2) Yes, you can. I need to update the subscriber text evidently. ;-)

David Prahl
02-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Wow! Even more discounts! 8O
Thank you, Jason!

Welcome to the forums, zkmusa!
I used to subscribe to a few PC and handheld magazines, but soon realized that I could get even more content on the web for free. You'll find that the quality of articles and reviews on a site like PPCT rivals (or beats) those of a published magazine. And it sounds like you've already discovered the PPCT forums - the lifeblood of the PPCT community!

All of this content is completely free, but with a subscription you can get even more gadget goodness. Discounts and giveaways are common, the weekly newsletter summarizes the week as PPCT saw it, and you can surf the mobile version of the site on your device. It's a great thing, and I would suggest you give it a try.

Look what kinds of goodies subscribers were winning a few months ago!
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17265

rmasinag
02-06-2004, 01:58 AM
Yay! used the 25% discount for the PI 5 upgrade, but couldn't pile it on top of the Handango discount. :D

OT. PI 5 doesn't seem any faster than the v 4.6x on my HP 2210

dh
02-06-2004, 03:21 AM
I tried to use the discount and get the response that the code does not exist. :cry:

gai-jin
02-06-2004, 04:42 AM
Yay! used the 25% discount for the PI 5 upgrade, but couldn't pile it on top of the Handango discount. :D

OT. PI 5 doesn't seem any faster than the v 4.6x on my HP 2210

25% OFF PI 5? How did I miss this? And where can I find it?

Gai-jin

Nevermind, I found it.

Jason Dunn
02-06-2004, 06:04 AM
I tried to use the discount and get the response that the code does not exist. :cry:

Just tested it, and it works - it deducts $6.24 off the price of $24.95. Keep trying I guess?

sideshowtob
02-06-2004, 03:38 PM
The "Proporta iPAQ 4150 Aluminum Case - 10% Off" offer that was in the latest newsletter does not seem to work.

Wiggster
02-06-2004, 05:02 PM
Now if only I could get a discount on buying a new Pocket PC from here... :wink:

Oh, well. I found out about PriceGrabber from here, so I'll probably be getting a PDA from there and saving a little bundle anyway.

Jeff Rutledge
02-06-2004, 05:13 PM
And next week, I have some discounts coming on GPS hardware!

Very tempting. I've been waffling on GPS for a while. This might tip the scale...

Jason Dunn
02-06-2004, 07:26 PM
The "Proporta iPAQ 4150 Aluminum Case - 10% Off" offer that was in the latest newsletter does not seem to work.

What happens? The codes don't work? I didn't test the codes, I just tested the links, and they work...

rmasinag
02-07-2004, 02:43 AM
25% OFF PI 5? How did I miss this? And where can I find it?

Hey gai-jin

you get 25% off webIS software for being a subscriber

jes ask Jason :D

ng608
02-07-2004, 06:14 PM
I cannot find any code at all in the discount page. Please tell me. Thanks. :)

Steven Cedrone
02-07-2004, 07:14 PM
I cannot find any code at all in the discount page. Please tell me. Thanks. :)

You have to be a subscriber (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/subscribe.php) to see the codes.

Steve

jneely
02-25-2004, 11:14 PM
Does the 15% off at Handango work for a single item, or any number of items purchase via Handango?

David Prahl
02-25-2004, 11:16 PM
I would think it would apply for any amount of items, but I'm not sure.

Jason?

jneely
02-26-2004, 12:24 AM
Thanks. I hope that's true.

Since I'm a new PPC owner (or will be in the next few days), I have quite a list of software I'd like to buy. I've been scouring the forums and "Best of" lists and reviews and, well... pretty much every source I can get my hands on for the best PPC software. Now that I have my list, I want to try to get as much of it as possible. The more discounts I can take advantage of, the more stuff I can get now.

David Prahl
02-26-2004, 12:31 AM
Please using the "Shop -> Hardware" affiliate links from the main Pocket PC Thoughts page when you decide to start buying Handango software. The more affiliate clicks we get, the more giveaways and discounts we can offer! :wink:

Pat Logsdon
02-26-2004, 12:42 AM
I would think it would apply for any amount of items, but I'm not sure.
I can confirm that that's true. I've used the discount code several times, with no hiccups. The only limitation is that you can't "stack" the discount with any other codes you may have.

Jason Dunn
02-26-2004, 04:44 AM
Thanks. I hope that's true.

Yes, I can confirm that - you can apply a 15% discount to your entire order, it's just not stackable with other discounts.

iPAQFanatic
03-17-2004, 12:58 AM
Are there any discounts currently for
Conduits Software
or
PDAInitiative Software?

David Prahl
03-17-2004, 01:19 AM
Are there any discounts currently for
Conduits Software
or
PDAInitiative Software?

20% Off Any Conduits Product (Valid Until 3/31/2004)