View Full Version : We've Hit 15,000 Registered Forum Users!

Jason Dunn
02-04-2004, 11:14 PM
This is a big day for Pocket PC Thoughts - our forum registration membership has hit 15,000! That's a lot of people, and I'd like to especially thank <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=15030"><i><b>Odette</b></i></a>, the 15,000th activated member. As a welcome, I've given Odette a deluxe lifetime <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/subscribe.php">subscription</a> to Pocket PC Thoughts, with all the benefits that entails - including the much sought-after micro light! Oooh, ahhh. 8O<br /><br />I'm looking forward to the next 15,000! :mrgreen:

Jeff Rutledge
02-04-2004, 11:16 PM
Very impressive. Nice job PPCT! It just goes to show...

:way to go:

Ed Hansberry
02-04-2004, 11:21 PM
:alfdance:

dmacburry2003
02-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Ohhhh Odette, I am soooooooooo jealous. Hmmm... I can't seem to find a jealous emoticon... :bad-words: I guess that one could work :wink:

Edit: I STILL AM GOING TO DESCRIBE [subscribe :oops: ]!!! Its just taking me awhile, that's it. I got my new avatar, and once I get that neat little subscriber logo I'll be hot stuff 8)

Jimmy Dodd
02-04-2004, 11:39 PM
Ohhhh Odette, I am soooooooooo jealous. Hmmm... I can't seem to find a jealous emoticon... :bad-words: I guess that one could work :wink:

:mrgreen: could be green with envy...

crispeto
02-04-2004, 11:40 PM
Good job PPC Thoughts and Odette!

Wiggster
02-04-2004, 11:44 PM
Within a few hours of me getting my shiny button, someone goes and gets the same shiny button for free?

Well, now I'm glad I didn't include a tip in my payment! Hmmph! :wink:

And by that, I mean congrats to Odette :way to go:, maybe this will keep him/her around for a bit :bday:

MPSmith
02-04-2004, 11:50 PM
Jason, who were the first 10 registered members? I know you can search that on the MEMBERLIST, but those figures aren't accurate, are they?

I was just curious if you remember!

Jonathon Watkins
02-04-2004, 11:55 PM
:way to go: Way to go, :multi: :grouphug: group hug!

Excellent - the plans for world conquest are right on course! :mrgreen:

dmacburry2003
02-04-2004, 11:58 PM
Hey, why isn't Jason a subscriber? :roll:

PS to Jimmy: I'm green :mrgreen: and I'm mean :evil:

:wink:

foldedspace
02-04-2004, 11:59 PM
What? No speech from Odette?

Jeff Rutledge
02-05-2004, 12:02 AM

Would you pay money to a site you own? 8)

Pat Logsdon
02-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Huzzah! :rock on dude!:

Want to see what 15,000 people looks like? (http://www.defenselink.mil/photos/Oct2001/011011-A-8525L-043.jpg)

(That's me on the left)

:mrgreen:

Jason Dunn
02-05-2004, 12:04 AM
Jason, who were the first 10 registered members? I know you can search that on the MEMBERLIST, but those figures aren't accurate, are they? I was just curious if you remember!

Sure they're accurate! You need need to remove the team members on the list ;-)...the first ten people registered in our forums were:

entropy1980
4AMFriday
Jkalka
d_malnati
carphead
evertetc
Chris Forsberg
nwarren
Harry
Snail

GoldKey
02-05-2004, 12:26 AM
Sure they're accurate! You need need to remove the team members on the list ;-)...the first ten people registered in our forums were:

entropy1980
4AMFriday
Jkalka
d_malnati
carphead
evertetc
Chris Forsberg
nwarren
Harry
Snail

Time for a game of "Where are they Now?"

dmacburry2003
02-05-2004, 01:20 AM
If each one of those people were to post regularly I think Pocket PC Thoughts would need a four million trigobyte sever :wink:

Hey Surgical Snack, the left? Who are you supposed to be, the president? :wink:

Hmmm... You very well could be :?

JustinGTP
02-05-2004, 01:28 AM
Hmm, looks like Odette really isnt going us! Maybe it was a computer generated sign up or an automated one :S

Now the subscription is wasted if that person doesn't show up! They still have zero posts....

-Justin.

dmacburry2003
02-05-2004, 01:38 AM
Hmm, looks like Odette really isnt going us! Maybe it was a computer generated sign up or an automated one :S

Now the subscription is wasted if that person doesn't show up! They still have zero posts....

Maybe Jason was smart enough to ask if he/she wanted it (if not, that's ok, Jason maybe next time :mrgreen: )

Oh dear, what if that person does not even like this website? What if they don't even use the subscription? OMG, Jason, I would pest them with private messages RIGHT NOW if I were you :twisted:

Psssttt, JR: its called investing in yourself :wink: :mrgreen:

Jason Dunn
02-05-2004, 01:55 AM

Because that would be incredibly pretentious and silly. :wink:

Odette
02-05-2004, 02:10 AM
Yes, I really do exist.

My husband suggested I subscribe after he read the message about getting close to 15,000. I've been following PocketPC Thoughts for a very short time. My husband usually asks the questions for me. I got my husband's hand-me-down iPAQ h1910 and use it mainly to play games. I've started to actually use it for real PDA stuff after my husband's constant insistence. "It's more than a GameBoy!".

Anyway, thank you PocketPC Thoughts. And I'll think about you all when I get my microlight. :mrgreen: My husband think's I'm going to give it to him.

:twisted: NOT LIKELY!!!

Odette

Pat Logsdon
02-05-2004, 02:30 AM
Welcome, and congratulations! :mrgreen:

Steven Cedrone
02-05-2004, 02:44 AM
Congratulations Odette!

Steve

JonnoB
02-05-2004, 02:58 AM
15k registered users! That is awesome. I am sure it is a small fraction of that number of people who are actually regular visitors. I am curious as to what the daily average of unique registered users is in the forums?

I just realized that tomorrow will be the two-year anniversary since this site required everyone to re-register.

Jeff Rutledge
02-05-2004, 05:08 AM

Not really. Investing in yourself would be something like putting up your house as equity to start a business. Jason already owns the site, so this would be more like taking money out of his wallet and putting it in his pocket. 8)

dmacburry2003
02-05-2004, 05:16 AM

Not really. Investing in yourself would be something like putting up your house as equity to start a business. Jason already owns the site, so this would be more like taking money out of his wallet and putting it in his pocket. 8)

Hmmm... Investing. Something Bill Gates should have never done :lol:

Besides, I take money out of my Pocket PC case (wallets annoy me) all the time and put it in my pocket. I don't want my nice 1935 to get dirty from all those Franklin's :wink:

Edit: hey, forget about investing. This is a time for celebration, right 8)

*Dmac picks up the phone and dials 1800-DOMINOS*
Ring... Ring...
Thank you for calling Dominos, how may I help you?
I'd like... Hmmm... Let's see, *Dmac gets out his Wi-Fi PPC and checks the # of PPCT subscribers* that'll be six-hundred thousand pizzas.
Would you like toppings?
*Dmac sets up a poll asking what toppings people want. No one responds and Steve locks the thread :wink: *
Uhhh, I'll just get that plain.
Ok, I'll have that delivered to blah blah on blah avenue.
Bye!

Guess I won't have no more Franklin's! 8O

Now if I could just find that keg... Anyone German? :wink:

:lol:

ctmagnus
02-05-2004, 05:45 AM

Want to see what 15,000 people looks like? (http://www.defenselink.mil/photos/Oct2001/011011-A-8525L-043.jpg)

(That's me on the left)

You mean the one in the pink woman's jacket with the woman's hair? Or the one trying to go over the wall?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyhoo, congrats to Odette!

Tom W.M.
02-05-2004, 05:54 AM
What a milestone! Nice going, PPCT! :rock on dude!:

JonnoB, you reminded me of the 2002 new year, when Jason posted about that sort of thing. I was looking forward to it this new year, but I didn't see anything like that (did I miss something?). Do you not publish statistics because PPCT is now more of a business, Jason?

Just 'cause I feel like it: :alfdance:

Jason Dunn
02-05-2004, 05:59 AM
Do you not publish statistics because PPCT is now more of a business, Jason?

You mean traffic stats and whatnot? Actually, I only tend to do that rarely because I don't want people to think I'm bragging. :oops: We turn four years old this coming October, so I'll probably post stats again then. ;-) But just as an FYI, in January 2004 we did about 716,000 unique visitors and 4.2 million page views. We average around 27K - 30K visitors per day on weekdays, about 18K-20K on weekends.

dmacburry2003
02-05-2004, 06:09 AM
Do you not publish statistics because PPCT is now more of a business, Jason?

You mean traffic stats and whatnot? Actually, I only tend to do that rarely because I don't want people to think I'm bragging. :oops: We turn four years old this coming October, so I'll probably post stats again then. ;-) But just as an FYI, in January 2004 we did about 716,000 unique visitors and 4.2 million page views. We average around 27K - 30K visitors per day on weekdays, about 18K-20K on weekends.

Thats crazy, CRAZY! :bangin:

If anyone ever heard one of those snails in PDAmill's Snails game go "BWAAAAHHHHHH!!!!" when they die, that is what I'm doing right now.

Tom W.M.
02-05-2004, 06:22 AM
8O That's amazing, Jason.

Don't worry about seeming to brag, it wouldn't be a problem. You've certainly earned a bit of pride!

Godsongz
02-05-2004, 06:32 AM
Big congrats to you Odette, you keep that microlight! :)

Thinkingmandavid
02-05-2004, 07:12 AM
Congrats Odette :D
and good going PPCT :D
That light should really come in handy, and yeah, those are some awesome stats :wink:

dean_shan
02-05-2004, 09:11 AM
You're a star now Odette. Welcome to the club.

Jon Westfall
02-05-2004, 09:59 PM
Congratulations on Joining! Enjoy the subscription.

If memory serves me right, Jason used to have the "I'm a Subscriber" button turned on with his account, but switched it off soon after the option was available. Perhaps he felt that using it was pushing "Subscribe or die" when really all he wanted was for people to be aware of the subscribing option.

Perhaps my memory is just fried - anyone else remember him ever having it?

Jason Dunn
02-05-2004, 10:02 PM
If memory serves me right, Jason used to have the "I'm a Subscriber" button turned on with his account, but switched it off soon after the option was available. Perhaps he felt that using it was pushing "Subscribe or die" when really all he wanted was for people to be aware of the subscribing option.

When we first launched the system, there was no option to turn the badge off, so I had it by default. Once Fabrizio implemented the ability to turn if off, I turned it off. ;-)

Pat Logsdon
02-05-2004, 10:10 PM

(That's me on the left)

You mean the one in the pink woman's jacket with the woman's hair? Or the one trying to go over the wall?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm actually lurking in the shrubbery.

Note: The secret service does NOT find casual lurkers amusing. :mrgreen:

Stik
02-06-2004, 01:18 AM
This is MOST excellent Jason, congrats on the milestone!

IMO, it's worth every penny of the subscription for many reasons.

The BEST overall PPC site ( english language )
The BEST updated handheld news
The BEST COMMUNITY of handheld users
The BEST TEAM of very informed ( and helpful! ) moderators!

There's some back and forth now and then... thats good! Human!

A salute to EVERYONE who calls this their PPC home. :werenotworthy:

Now, is there an emotcion out there w/ a big brown nose? :lol:

Kidding. :wink: