View Full Version : Compu2Go Goes on Extended Sabbatical

Jason Dunn
02-05-2004, 06:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.compu2go.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.compu2go.com/</a><br /><br /></div>"I have very mixed feelings announcing C2Go is going on a loooong sabbatical. I've had very positive (& not-so-positive) experiences running this site & have always enjoyed the feedback from readers & the 'inside scoop' from players in the industry. Unfortunately, though readership is still hundreds per day, I face a crossroads: pump in more features, keep improving, all of which costs money & time...or move on. I'm gettin' while the gettin's good ;-) <br /><br />I may write in other venues (& welcome more offers) so may not disappear completely, but impending changes in employment & pursuing my Masters degree means C2Go won't get the attention it deserves. Serious enthusiasts (not opportunists, I've already turned one down!) interested in taking over a labor of love & willing to put in the time a news/review site takes can contact me--so can the 2 company's who have sent me review material, to arrange for return. <br /><br />Reviews & features will stay up, but PDA101 & the news page will no longer be updated, effective immediately. I wish the best to all of you I've worked & laughed with over the past three years--there's been bumps along the way but it's been a privilege being a regular part of so many lives, & I've learned a lot. All in all, it's a damn fine time to call it quits... see you 'round folks!"<br /><br />Best wishes on whatever comes next for you John!

dmacburry2003
02-05-2004, 06:03 AM
This is so sad.

I think this is the second or third one I have seen in my life [here at PPCT].

You should have a death filter :cry:

quidproquo
02-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Whew!!! At first read...I had the brief fear that you were shutting down this site! :duh:

Sorry to hear about the other one going but glad it is not this one. I couldn't do with out my daily "Thoughts Fix"! :D

Paragon
02-05-2004, 02:17 PM
NO! Say it ain't so!

Unfortunately sites end up being judged by the number of hits they get. That's not always a good indicator.

Don't go too far John.

Dave

Paul Martin
02-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Sorry to see the site go. Not every site can cover all info, so I usually found some unique tidbits on John's site I didn't see elsewhere, or a reminder to visit a site I hadn't gone to in a while. Plus, fun contests, too! Sorry to see you go, John. Wish you the best in your masters and new job.

alex22
02-05-2004, 06:26 PM
Whew!!! At first read...I had the brief fear that you were shutting down this site! :duh:

Sorry to hear about the other one going but glad it is not this one. I couldn't do with out my daily "Thoughts Fix"! :D

Me 2, I thought PPC thoughts was shutting down, and feeling very upset.
Sorry for the other site and glad we can still visit PPC thought ! :D

the_rapture
02-06-2004, 03:00 AM
Iwas thinking the same thing. Then thought it was Jason leaving the site. I don't get to post as much or read through the forums like I use to, but I still try to read the front page everyday.

Sorry to hear about Compu2Go, but I know the feeling Somethings have to take a back seat to higher priorities. Since I've moved I don't have the time to do what I've wanted to do with my Site.