View Full Version : An iPAQ 5455 for $260 was too good to pass up

Macguy59
02-04-2004, 07:40 PM
Since this unit has PPC 2002 on it, I intend to upgrade to WM 2003. What kind of gotcha's do I need to look out for? Any recommendations on how to make the upgrade as smooth as possible? Thanks all :D

bigkingfun
02-04-2004, 07:45 PM
When I upgraded mine, it went very smoothly. I didn't have any problems at all. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you have any data that's on it backed up since the upgrade does a hard reset. Double check any software that you plan to install as well, for issues or upgrades to run with WM2003.

Macguy59
02-04-2004, 07:56 PM
When I upgraded mine, it went very smoothly. I didn't have any problems at all. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you have any data that's on it backed up since the upgrade does a hard reset. Double check any software that you plan to install as well, for issues or upgrades to run with WM2003.

Thanks for the reply. Most of the time I only use a handful of apps. Avantgo, Pocket Excel, PocketTV,WMP and Pocket Outlook. Although having built-in Wi-Fi now I do see myself using PocketIE or Netfront more often. I have read some stories with the upgrade dying prematurely when using AS 3.7.1 (which I currently use). Downgrading to an older version seemed to work in those cases.