View Full Version : Activating When Cradling

MadAxeMan
02-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Is there any way to stop my H5550 turning on when being cradled or when my PC reboots?

Sven Johannsen
02-04-2004, 03:52 PM
Disconnect the USB cable..uninstall ActiveSync, so..No.

It's a function of the polling that happens on the USB interface.

Kowalski
02-04-2004, 04:38 PM
there is no way to do that. this annoys me soo much but i couldnt find a way to stop. sorry

Steven Cedrone
02-04-2004, 05:16 PM
I am not sure what the deal is: when I cradle my 2215 it does not turn on. I have to manually turn it on or it will not "wake up"!

We had a brief discussion about it here. (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22046&highlight=2215) Apparently, I am not the only one this happens to!

Steve

Janak Parekh
02-04-2004, 05:19 PM
I am not sure what the deal is: when I cradle my 2215 it does not turn on. I have to manually turn it on or it will not "wake up"!
Sounds like only the 2215 does that, then. Every Pocket PC I've had turns on so long as the computer is on...

--janak

Kowalski
02-04-2004, 05:20 PM
it should turn on, mine does everytime as expected. yes we dont want this to happen but i think you have a problem.

Steven Cedrone
02-04-2004, 05:36 PM
it should turn on, mine does everytime as expected. yes we dont want this to happen but i think you have a problem.

The real problem is that aside from this one annoying "feature" the device works perfectly. (heck, the grips are still the originals :wink: ) I would be afraid to call HP and get a replacement device, I may wind up with a real lemon!

Steve

Dave Beauvais
02-04-2004, 05:58 PM
Several of the doctors here at work have 2215s and the three that I've had to work with all turn on and start ActiveSync when placed in their cradles. This is by design, incidentally, to make the sync process more automatic than Palm's HotSync button. I'm really not sure why this wouldn't happen with some units. <shrug> Whatever the case, I rarely see this behavior since I sync via Wi-Fi almost exclusively and don't even plug the USB cable into the PC except when installing ROM updates or Wi-Fi firmware updates and the like.

MadAxeMan
02-05-2004, 12:36 AM
Cheers guys - actually the first answer was the most obvious. I'll just unplug the USB cable! I mean what is it good for - absolutely nothing. 8) WiFi does me just fine.

Oh, well, maybe the odd firmware update, and connection setup.

dmacburry2003
02-05-2004, 12:55 AM
I think ActiveStinky can be set NOT to sync unless the actual sync button (on the PC) is pushed.

Just a guess, though.

Pest Microsoft to fix it :wink: