View Full Version : Pocket Informant: When will you upgrade?

famousdavis
02-03-2004, 08:03 PM
Elsewhere (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23960), I've noted my unwillingness to upgrade to a new software release -- Pocket Informant 5.0 included -- until a minor version update is offered later on. While I used to be an early adopter of new software (and still am, but to a lesser extent now -- I upgraded to SprintDB Pro v2.0 because I wanted better performance and features now!), I am in general reluctant to upgrade software products to the latest release after a major version upgrade.

How about you? Are you ready to upgrade to Pocket Informant 5.0 with no further delay? Or are you a tad more caution than that?

Janak Parekh
02-03-2004, 08:28 PM
I downloaded it yesterday when it came out, and plan to install it today. :) Particularly because I'm looking forward to the speed improvements. If you're happy with the existing one, feel free to wait. :)

--janak

Robb Bates
02-03-2004, 08:33 PM
I've noted my unwillingness to upgrade to a new software release -- Pocket Informant 5.0 included -- until a minor version update is offered later on.

Now the author is going to change one little thing and call it 5.0.1. Just so people will upgrade. :lol: Hmmm, not a bad ploy! :twisted:

Robb

dochall
02-03-2004, 10:38 PM
Quality between 3 and 4 of PI was pretty darn good. Alex has always produced a rock solid app and I didn't have any reservations about the download.

(I shall return here to eat humble pie if it causes a hard reset)

ntractv
02-03-2004, 11:36 PM
I've noted my unwillingness to upgrade to a new software release -- Pocket Informant 5.0 included -- until a minor version update is offered later on.

Now the author is going to change one little thing and call it 5.0.1. Just so people will upgrade. :lol: Hmmm, not a bad ploy! :twisted:

Robb

I understand your point, but, remember when that one little thing is changed the upgrade is free which only enhances the program. For what this program does for my day to day life it is not a problem for me.

famousdavis
02-04-2004, 07:28 PM
Shazzam, people! 0X

Are you guys an adventuresome bunch or what?!? 8O

Question: Now that you've all (or mostly all) upgraded, have you found any problems with your new PI5?