View Full Version : Update To "Calendar Updates" Released

Janak Parekh
02-02-2004, 06:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.calendar-updates.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.calendar-updates.com/</a><br /><br /></div>Looking for the latest holiday and sport schedules for your Outlook (and Pocket PC) calendar? Calendar Updates has been updated with the latest PGA Tour, NBA Tour, and other schedules, and it's a free download.

nz0eBoy
02-02-2004, 07:50 PM
Damn, it doesn't seem to have a schedule for the Super 12. Can anyone point me in the direction of some information that tells us how to create a file like this so I can make my own.

I know there are a few rugby fans here in NZ that might like something like this.

Jeff Rutledge
02-02-2004, 07:57 PM
Damn, it doesn't seem to have a schedule for the Super 12. Can anyone point me in the direction of some information that tells us how to create a file like this so I can make my own.

I know there are a few rugby fans here in NZ that might like something like this.

If you don't mind manually inputting the info, then you can just create a new folder in Outlook (which store Appointment items) and then add all the appointments. When you're done, export that folder as a .pst file. Anyone with Outlook will be able to import it (which is what Calnedar Updates is doing).

nz0eBoy
02-02-2004, 08:35 PM
Thanks, I can probably import them from an excel file then and then export them to a .pst file to make it easy for everyone else to install them.

ctmagnus
02-02-2004, 10:41 PM
I read about calendar Updates about a year ago in one of the Woody's Watches (www.woodyswatch.com), during the period that the preinstalled holidays in Outlook 98/2000 were running out. It's an extremely useful resource! :way to go:

dhpss
02-03-2004, 02:08 AM
It is a free update..Well almost free. You will also get some advertissements in the note...mostly URLs.

You can however limite the use of memory space by specifying ActiveSync Calendar to sync only only few weeks (4). Default setting is all weeks in the future.

gregh
02-03-2004, 10:44 AM
appears US only, so no F1, Rally, cricket, superbikes etc :(

Steven Cedrone
02-03-2004, 02:13 PM
appears US only, so no F1, Rally, cricket, superbikes etc :(

They do say that F1 is coming soon. :wink:

Steve