View Full Version : Concord Digital Camera?

Birdman
02-02-2004, 05:43 PM
Has anyone ever heard of the Concord 3340z or 4360z digital cameras? I just received the latest TigerDirect.ca catalog and from their specs, they look quite good esp. given their prices? Any comments?

famousdavis
02-02-2004, 05:48 PM
How well do you understand digital photography?

Is this your first digicam purchase?

There's a surprising amount of information to learn and master -- if you want to -- and then there's the way one friend of mine does it: just buys whatever looks good at the price he wants to pay (he never looks at the detailed spec sheet).

Me? I went with a brand-name because it was easy to find user reviews that give you detailed info on the strengths and weaknesses of a particular camera model.

Birdman
02-02-2004, 06:21 PM
It would be my first digital camera purchase but I have a fairly good understanding of the major concepts involved.

I spent a considerable time doing searches for reviews of this camera and with the exception of Steve's Digicams site which reviewed an earlier iteration of this camera, and did not give it great results, I have not found any other reviews. I would suspect that the major shortcoming will be in the lens which is what allows them to sell a 4 mgpix camera for so cheap. Picture quality is likely therefore not great.

famousdavis
02-02-2004, 07:00 PM
How cheap are you looking at?

Did you consider buying a year-old digicam from a brand name off eBay?

freitasm
02-02-2004, 08:10 PM
I was surprised when I did a review of their Concord Bluetooth digital camera. For a budget 2MP it was quite a good camera, really.

Now, I'd recommend you guys visiting Jason's new website, http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com, and I think you'll find more about this there!