View Full Version : Best TRUSTED sites for downloading FREEWARE GAMES?

wing
02-01-2004, 12:27 AM
I've already pillaged both tucows.com and download.com for their paltry selection of games.

I searched Google for a game I want, like columns from Sega (sort of tetris-like game) BUT...

I have no idea which sites are legitimate and which sites contain viruses/hackware/etc.

I just want a few more Freeware games to download. come one, just a few more. feed my addiction! What do you all recommend?

XScale

Ripper014
02-01-2004, 01:13 AM
PPCFreewares but you would have known that if you had done a search...

Dave Potter
02-01-2004, 02:01 AM
PPCFreewares but you would have known that if you had done a search...

Isn't that a little harsh?

Besides, how do you know that he is looking for PPC software? Maybe he is looking for PC software??!?

Lighten up a bit.

wing
02-01-2004, 02:01 AM
yeah, that site came up, along with many others. my problem is that i have no idea which sites are legitimate and which ones are virusware etc.

anyway, thanks for the one site. what other sites do you trust and recommend?

thank you so much for your input!

Ripper014
02-01-2004, 02:48 AM
I didn't think so... and Wing seems happy enough with the solution. I think that we need to post a sticky at the tops of all the forums for Newbies... to do a search on the site prior to asking redundant questions... not that I mind answering them but it is nice to know that people make an effort to find what they are looking for before posting it.

Steven Cedrone
02-01-2004, 01:37 PM
I didn't think so... and Wing seems happy enough with the solution. I think that we need to post a sticky at the tops of all the forums for Newbies... to do a search on the site prior to asking redundant questions... not that I mind answering them but it is nice to know that people make an effort to find what they are looking for before posting it.

Stickies are currently broken on the site (but being worked on) and the "Search" function takes a little getting used to, so take it easy on the new forum members, O.K.? (you can always choose to simply ignore the question)

Steve

Lex
02-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Welcome to the board!

Try www.freewareppc.com

Now, 'trust' is something between you and the software developer. :)