View Full Version : Siemens SX56 WM2k3 Upgrade Released

Janak Parekh
01-31-2004, 07:45 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.my-siemens.com/MySiemens/CDA/Index/1,1652,US_en_0_product%253AMW%252FMC%252FMC%252FSX56POCKETPCPHONE%252Fdanda_DADS,00.html' target='_blank'>http://www.my-siemens.com/MySiemens...da_DADS,00.html</a><br /><br /></div>AT&amp;T Pocket PC Phone users, take note -- the SX56 Windows Mobile 2003 upgrade is out! New phone-specific features include call muting, call barring, integrated SMS caller ID/contact list, and auto band selection.<br /><br />Arne has some pictures up on <a href="http://www.ppcw.net/index.php?itemid=1758">his website</a>, as well. Now, where's T-Mobile's supposed free upgrade? :|

yawanag
01-31-2004, 08:12 PM
I've said this before and I'm convinced that T-Mobile is far more interested in getting phone customers away from Verizon and Cellular One, etc. than in the PDA portion of their product.

I don't think they know what an awesome product T-Mobile PDA is.

murph
01-31-2004, 08:18 PM
are you #$%@&! kidding me?

Tmobile announces the upgrade, and drags, and drags, and drags their feet about it.

While ATT says nothing and then BAM! releases the upgrade outta nowhere.

Thank goodness for xda-developers.com ;)

Cortex
01-31-2004, 08:46 PM
so what prevents this upgrade from working on a t-mobile phone.

does the radio software specify the network or does the sim card, or both?

Arne Hess
01-31-2004, 08:59 PM
so what prevents this upgrade from working on a t-mobile phone.

does the radio software specify the network or does the sim card, or both?
It's the ROM only but not the Radio Stack and hey - it works... The screen shots on my site were done with a T-Mobile device ;-) BUT it seems to have a cleaver verification. Normal PC upgrade doesn't work!

And NO, I don't suggest any cross-upgrades. T-Mobile will come with it's ROM also so no reason to screw up your device today with a Siemens ROM!

nice_micael
01-31-2004, 10:52 PM
Eanyone know if the qtek 1010 is gonna get an uppgrade to 2003? Does it ad sdio?

smittyofdhs
02-03-2004, 12:55 AM
this update WILL update the radio stack, so if you use another carrier other then ATTWS you will not want to use this update as it may cause conflicts with the carrier.

noel_foster
02-05-2004, 05:24 PM
it appears that the Rogers AT&T is different than the AT&T ROM. The upgrade is not accepted on our phone here.

smittyofdhs
02-05-2004, 05:34 PM
my suggestion about upgrading... DO NOT DO IT!

this ROM is a piece of $hit! It has made this device so unstable. I tried to leave my mpx200 Smartphone and go back to my PPCPE and that lasted about a day. After using the new ROM for about 24 hours I threw the device back in the drawer and went back to the mpx200. In less then 24 hours I had to reboot 10 times and hard reset once. It's so unstable, constantly freezing up. I didn't even have anything installed on it, just the ROM and sync'd data from my PC. Likewise, I had additional issues with activesync trying to sync 2 devices. I had to uninstall/reinstall AS just to get things working right again for my Smartphone.

nice_micael
02-06-2004, 02:56 PM
this update WILL update the radio stack, so if you use another carrier other then ATTWS you will not want to use this update as it may cause conflicts with the carrier.

Actually it worked i simply used winzip (you can use winrar if you want) took the nbf file used xda tools and it WORKS :D