View Full Version : Gateway to buy eMachines?

Mitch D
01-31-2004, 06:15 AM
Hmmm according to this article on "The Register" website Gateway is going to buy eMachines. :?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/51/35246.html

Makes you wonder, first they abandon thier first WM2003 device, they they say it might not be totally dead. THen we hear they are in finacial trouble.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/34732.html

Now this... Is there some techie soap opera happening here? Or was it just a dream?

:rofl:

Well this is just my attempt to give you some thing to go "hmmm" about.

It's cold here in Calgary and my brain has frozen and that's my excuse!
:wink:

Kati Compton
01-31-2004, 07:02 AM
I figured they'd get out of the computer business and focus on the Plasma/LCD TVs. There goes that theory.

Candygogo
01-31-2004, 05:38 PM
eMachines=Glorified 'Speak and Say' toy. Will NEVER buy another eMachine.

GoldKey
01-31-2004, 08:18 PM
eMachines=Glorified 'Speak and Say' toy. Will NEVER buy another eMachine.

I have one. I have bought them for a few family members and I have referred them to about 8-10 coworkers that have bought one or more in the last two years. None of them have had any problems. The funny thing is that the coworkers that did not listen to me and bought Dells have almost all had a problem. It seems the e-machines made in the last few years are of excellent quality, but they are still paying the price for some poor products and customer service in their early days.

Kati Compton
01-31-2004, 10:14 PM
It seems the e-machines made in the last few years are of excellent quality, but they are still paying the price for some poor products and customer service in their early days.
That is the impression I have as well.

foldedspace
02-02-2004, 02:13 AM
Would you buy an eMachines notebook?

/one track mind

:twisted:

GoldKey
02-02-2004, 02:51 AM
Would you buy an eMachines notebook?

/one track mind

:twisted:

Had they been out when I bought my notebook last year, Yes.