View Full Version : Toshiba USB Expansion pack with USB Harddrive

cooldw57
01-31-2004, 01:04 AM
Hi, I recently purchased a USB expansion pack(with one USB port and one VGA out) for my E750, it works well with my USB keyboard with its build-in drivers. However, when I plug in my USB 20GB harddrive it doesnt seem to be able to recognize it. there's a popup screen that require me to enter the name of the new discovered device, but it doesnt seem to be recognize my harddrive with the correct driver.
my question is, is there a generic USB harddrive/flashdrive driver for the pocket PC that i could download? or is it hardware specific?

Any helps would be appreciated
Daniel

yvilla
01-31-2004, 03:52 AM
Are you running WM 2003? Here is a free USB mass storage driver. A driver is needed for a mass storage device. You didn't need a driver for a USB keyboard only because a driver for that is built into the OS. :D

http://www.ratocsystems.com/english/index.html

Mr_PDA
02-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Hi, I recently purchased a USB expansion pack(with one USB port and one VGA out) for my E750, it works well with my USB keyboard with its build-in drivers. However, when I plug in my USB 20GB harddrive it doesnt seem to be able to recognize it. there's a popup screen that require me to enter the name of the new discovered device, but it doesnt seem to be recognize my harddrive with the correct driver.
my question is, is there a generic USB harddrive/flashdrive driver for the pocket PC that i could download? or is it hardware specific?

Any helps would be appreciated
Daniel

have a look at this: http://www.anypakdevices.com/PPC/

this should work with the e750

Steve Jordan
02-08-2004, 03:44 PM
THANK you, THANK you! :clap:

I've been trying to find a way to attach a USB microdrive to my e330, and so far, I couldn't find a USB driver. Finally an app that allows me to attach and read a microdrive, which opens up my storage options!

Now I'll have to test a few more USB devices and see how well it works. If I can connect the e330 to my Motorola cellphone via the USB connection, that might mean wireless internet access. :shocked!:

Steve Jordan
02-12-2004, 04:49 AM
The USB driver worked, in that it allowed me to access micro-drives, and my digital camera's memory. Unfortunately, it disabled my Belkin keyboard! And frankly, I need the keyboard more than I need the USB driver. :grumble: Had to do a restore to recover, since I had made some registry edits for the USB driver. This shouldn't be this hard!!