View Full Version : Wireless Wifi Radar program for pocket pc

netnem
01-30-2004, 04:54 AM
I recently saw a program that I desparately wanted. It's basically shows u where all the wifi routers. I was recently at the airport and i found a signal, but i could not get a very strong signal. It would have been extremely nice to have a program tell me where the router is located at so i can move closer to the AP point. Take a look:

http://www.bargainpda.com/assets/2348.bmp

That is off the new toshiba E800. I found out what the program was called, its called "ConfigFree" and its available for public download. However, I tryed to install on my Hp 2215 and it gives error message saying it's only for Toshiba [yea, i know it was wishful thinking]. Anyways, is there anything similar like this program that will work with any PPC/ off of CF wifi cards?

mkaufman
01-30-2004, 01:25 PM
I use ConfigFree on my Toshiba e750..before installing it, connecting to wireless networks was pretty buggy, and this fixed it.

ConfigFree also lets you create profiles for different networks .. so you can have multiple settings stored depending on where you are and where you want to connect to..

I don't use the radar program however to search for networks, it doesn't work very well and it doesn't really update too fast and there aren't any options to change the refresh rate. For this, I use PocketWinC .. it's a wireless scanner and it also does tell you indirectly how far away you are from an access point by the signal strength graph