View Full Version : Changing default area code in Pocket Informant?

famousdavis
01-30-2004, 01:20 AM
Small thing, can't figure out what to do about it....

When I'm adding new contact info in Pocket Informant, it helpfully tries to insert an area code in any of the telephone number fields. Problem is, it's not the area code I live in. So, I select/delete the default area code and enter the correct area code.

The auto-default feature is nice. Using the wrong default isn't nice. But I can't figure out how to change the default value. I'm sure it's easy for someone who already knows how to do it, but it's baffling given all the options available in Pocket Informant.

Help, anyone? Thanks...

Steven Cedrone
01-30-2004, 01:22 AM
If you try to add a phone number to a contact w/o using PI, does it still use the incorrect area code?

Steve

Video11
01-30-2004, 02:33 AM
In Pocket Informant go to Options (the PI Logo at the bottom of the screen), then Dialing Options, then Area Codes and put in your area code.

famousdavis
01-30-2004, 02:58 AM
In Pocket Informant go to Options (the PI Logo at the bottom of the screen), then Dialing Options, then Area Codes and put in your area code.

EXCELLENT :D

Thanks so much! This has annoyed me for weeks, but I never think to post it to this forum when I'm here. I finally remember, and I got a solution in no time at all! Many thanks! :rock on dude!: