View Full Version : Japanese IQ test....

JackTheTripper
01-29-2004, 10:17 PM
OK, this thing is bugging the HECK out of me. :evil:

Below is a quick description of the test.

Everybody has to cross the river. The following rules apply:

* Only 2 persons on the raft at a time
* The father can not stay with any of the daughters without their mother's presence
* The mother can not stay with any of the sons without their father's presence
* The thief (striped shirt) can not stay alone with any family member
* Only the father, the mother and the policeman know how to operate the raft
* To move the people click on them.
* To move the raft click on the red balls

If you succeed in:
4 minutes: you are a Genius
6 minutes: You are exceptionally intelligent
10 minutes:You are very intelligent
20 minutes:You are average
25 minutes: You are a bit slow
30 minutes or more: You are terrible

Just hit the bigger circular button to start.
http://www.smallcampus.net/html/maths_games/2001-05-03/riverIQGame.swf

DimensionZero
01-29-2004, 10:31 PM
Ooooh. I remember this from Elementary school! I totally forget the answer now tho. But I do remember that I wasn't able to figure it out back then. LOL

Jacob
01-29-2004, 10:34 PM
I can get all the boys to one side or all the girls - but not all!! ARGH!

Jacob
01-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Okay.. I got it :)

I won't ruin it by posting the answer though.

msprague
01-29-2004, 10:48 PM
I was able to get them all across. I don't think it gave my time, but if it did it was in Japenese. The last two were the Policeman and the criminal.

JustinGTP
01-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I got it :D

-Justin.

Kevin Remhof
01-29-2004, 11:05 PM
I solved it but it doesn't show the time! My guess is 1, maybe 2 minutes though... I mean...

OK, it took a while. At one point, I thought that the rules were wrong so I tried different combinations. Bummer, they were right.

Fun puzzle though. Anyone else expecting Strong Bad to pop out and laugh at you? Or, maybe, Stinko Man...

JackTheTripper
01-29-2004, 11:37 PM
I guess I'm a loser then. I've tried it a couple times (probably spent a total of about 15 minutes on it) and can only get 3 kids and both parents accross. :evil:

rhmorrison
01-29-2004, 11:39 PM
I'm usually very quick solving such puzzles but this one took me almost half an hour. I guess I'm just too tired this late at night... :sleeping:

Steven Cedrone
01-30-2004, 12:57 AM
Got it! That was fun, but I wish it told you exactly how long it took. I would say it took me about five minutes.

Steve

Jeff Rutledge
01-30-2004, 01:18 AM
That was fun!

I got it in four minutes. At first though, I couldn't figure what the heck was going on.

And I love the little animations when you have a bad match!

Kati Compton
01-30-2004, 02:21 AM
Hmmm.... The mother isn't allowed to be alone with the sons and the father isn't allowed to be alone with the daughters? That's really... weird.

Usually it's sheep and a wolf or something.

JustinGTP
01-30-2004, 04:39 AM
Haven't you heard?

In Japan the mother eats the little boys and the Daddy has to be there to save them! :?

Steven Cedrone
01-30-2004, 04:25 PM
Too bad. I wanted to spring this on some work-mates, the link seems to be dead. I guess the 'Thoughts effect strikes again!

Steve

Jacob
01-30-2004, 04:34 PM
the 'Thoughts effect - taking the internet down through excess bandwidth usage one site at a time :lol:

rhmorrison
01-30-2004, 04:52 PM
the 'Thoughts effect - taking the internet down through excess bandwidth usage one site at a time :lol:
:clap: Yeah TEAM - WAY TO GO!! :alfdance:

JackTheTripper
01-30-2004, 06:35 PM
I'm glad it's gone! (Stupid game. :evil: ) I never did get it and my wife did in about 5 minutes. She had to show me. So if 30 minutes is terrable, an hour must be mildly retarded. :lol:

Anyway, I got this from another board who got it from another board, so it's been getting around quite a bit.