View Full Version : How to install Intersil Driver to iPAQ 4155?

yonliu
01-29-2004, 10:03 PM
My iPAQ 4155 comes with an integrated wireless LAN. I need to uninstall its wireless driver and install a intersil reference drive so as to run pocket warrior on it. Could anybody show me how to do this? Thanks!

Stephen Beesley
01-30-2004, 10:21 AM
My iPAQ 4155 comes with an integrated wireless LAN. I need to uninstall its wireless driver and install a intersil reference drive so as to run pocket warrior on it. Could anybody show me how to do this? Thanks!

You could check out this (http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?threadid=4422) thread on the axim site for some general info on using the intersil reference driver (see page 2 of the thread onwards) . It includes the following instructions for installing the driver. The instructions are for use with a CF wifi card so I am not sure how it would work with integrated Wifi. In particular I am not sure if you can remove the integrated wifi's drivers. I am sure other more knowledgeable members might be able to offer further advice.

1. Remove your MA701 Card.
2. Reset the Axim
3. Go to Settings - Remove Programs
4. Remove the MA701 Drivers
5. Install the Intersil Reference Driver (I know the link to the driver is somewhere in this thread at least once.)
6. Plug your MA701 back into the CF slot.
7 When prompted for the name, enter PRISMNDS.DLL. (This will associate your card with the driver.
8. You will get an Intersil Status Icon on the Today screen.

HTH

yonliu
01-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the response! Yes, my major problem is not knowing how to uninstall integrated wifi's dirver. Hope somebody can help me out here.