View Full Version : Serious AS Problem. Won't Sync mail

Birdman
01-29-2004, 05:24 PM
I am using an XDA and AS 3.7.1 and have had relatively no problems. Yesterday, I started getting an error when syncing with Outlook and my AS would crash and re-start when it got to my Inbox. I thought it was a problem with a particular email item so I deleted a bunch of stuff but it still crashed whenever it tried to sync Inbox.

So I de-selected Inbox and the sync went fine. I then tried to re-select Inbox, but it would just ignore it. I deleted my partnership, re-installed AS 3.7.1 but all to no avail. Even when I set up Inbox to sync, when I connect, AS just ignores Inbox and it doesn't even show up in the AS dialog box. To make matters worse, while I deleted my old partnership, it now won't let me do a new partnership with the same name because it says it is in use even though I deleted it. So I have to use a new partnership name, but doesn't that screw up all the file that are in my "Settings-Pocket_PC" etc.?

Any suggestions?

Jeff Rutledge
01-29-2004, 06:32 PM
...AS would crash and re-start when it got to my Inbox.

When you say it crashed, does it automatically minimize itself to the system tray? If so, I don't have great news for you. I had this happen to me once. I tried everything and ended up rebuilding my PC and PPC. It was brutal!

Before resorting to this, I tried uninstalling AS completely, purging everything I could find from the registry, deleting the Program Files folder, etc. At the same time I hard reset my iPAQ. After all that it still happaned. I ended up biting the bullet after just over a day of trying on and off.

Hopefully you have better luck.

Birdman
01-29-2004, 06:46 PM
That is pretty much what happens and now it won't even try to sync Inbox, it just ignores it.

Is there any way of re-using the name of my old partnership so I can sync all of the files in my documents under that name?

We are getting new PCs at work next Tue. so I may just bite the bullet and hard re-set my XDA and start from fresh with a "new" PPC and a new PC next week.

Jeff Rutledge
01-29-2004, 09:21 PM
Is there any way of re-using the name of my old partnership so I can sync all of the files in my documents under that name?

I don't think so. I've had this happen as well. What you may have to do is create a new partnership just to get your files over and then combine them your PC. A little messy, but at least your stuff will be backed up. Alternatively, you could sync as a Guest and copy them over manually.

Sorry about your luck though. It's not fun when this happens.